Thread: Sexual Offences Act 2017

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeCrisis View Post
    I think it is a common misconception that massage-only visits are safe from prosecution. The wording from the ROI Act is as follows, and the NI one is similar:

(2) In this section ‘sexual activity’ means any activity where a reasonable person would consider that—

(a) whatever its circumstances or the purpose of any person in relation to it, the activity is because of its nature sexual, or

(b) because of its nature the activity may be sexual and because of its circumstances or the purposes of any person in relation to it (or both) the activity is sexual.”,

My reading of this is that erotic massage would clearly be covered, as would dominatrix services etc - basically anything intended to give sexual pleasure to a client. It is likely though that, other things being equal, the authorities would be less likely to proceed with prosecution of a massage-only client.
    If the bar is "does it give sexual pleasure to a client", then lap dancing clubs would be illegal. As would one of my dentists with her forehead boob-resting.

I doubt the bar is really that low for prosecution but as others point out, it's not about being convicted, it's about being charged.
    Last edited by Palatine; 05-03-24 at 15:33.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Palatine For This Useful Post:

MidlifeCrisis (05-03-24), Stephanie (05-03-24)