Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The problems with mental health

Reviews

I used to overthink everything, gave things far more head time than they were worth, now my mantra is “it is what it is”, if it can be sorted with money and/or time then these are not problems they are just minor bumps in the road.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

Thoreau (09-03-24)

Reviews

I’d echo all the comments on benefits of exercise.

It’s easier thank you’d think to bring some positive health habits into your life although sometimes a health scare or crisis goes a long way towards getting you there. It’s obviously hugely beneficial to your mental health.

I’m not a particularly active person but I stared a mildly intensive exercise regime back in early November. 5 nights a week. 30 to 45 minutes. Mix of weights and cardio. I’ve cut out red meat and processed foods. I’ve reduced my booze intake considerably. I’ve lost 15 kilos. Let’s say I had 15 kilos to lose and I’ve been recommended to lose another 8 at least and ideally another 13. I’ve been here before but this is the first time I believe I can make these changes stick. Let’s just say this time I don’t have much choice in the matter.

It was very hard to get into a rhythm of going out on a cold night to essentially cause my body what at the start was severe pain. Due to work stuff I’ve missed 4 nights in a row this week for first time since i started and I’ve felt grotty and out of sorts. I decided to address this last night by knocking back a few shorts while watching a very long and dull movie. I feel worse this morning.

A healthy body won’t fix all or even most mental health problems but at the risk of sounding like a bad Ted Lasso it’s a good foundation to build something and if you can get past the first 2/3 weeks you can definitely form some positive habits.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Harry68 View Post
    I’d echo all the comments on benefits of exercise.

It’s easier thank you’d think to bring some positive health habits into your life although sometimes a health scare or crisis goes a long way towards getting you there. It’s obviously hugely beneficial to your mental health.

I’m not a particularly active person but I stared a mildly intensive exercise regime back in early November. 5 nights a week. 30 to 45 minutes. Mix of weights and cardio. I’ve cut out red meat and processed foods. I’ve reduced my booze intake considerably. I’ve lost 15 kilos. Let’s say I had 15 kilos to lose and I’ve been recommended to lose another 8 at least and ideally another 13. I’ve been here before but this is the first time I believe I can make these changes stick. Let’s just say this time I don’t have much choice in the matter.

It was very hard to get into a rhythm of going out on a cold night to essentially cause my body what at the start was severe pain. Due to work stuff I’ve missed 4 nights in a row this week for first time since i started and I’ve felt grotty and out of sorts. I decided to address this last night by knocking back a few shorts while watching a very long and dull movie. I feel worse this morning.

A healthy body won’t fix all or even most mental health problems but at the risk of sounding like a bad Ted Lasso it’s a good foundation to build something and if you can get past the first 2/3 weeks you can definitely form some positive habits.
    I’d add exercise first thing in the morning, life gets in the way as the day goes on and “I’ll do it later” often turns into “ah I’ll do it tomorrow”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

Lighthearted2022 (09-03-24)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123