Thread: Managing your expectations- how often is too often?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Managing your expectations- how often is too often?

I’m curious as to how people (men) who would be seeing the same person a lot over an extended period of time manage to deal with the idea / possibility of them becoming overly dependent on that particular person. By extended period of time I mean a minimum of 3 months and “a lot” I would define as a minimum of a fortnightly visit of at least an hour at a time. I’d throw in the possibility you’ve done something of an activity that extends beyond the bedroom into “the real world” during that period. On a paid basis.

I would think at this point you like the person at least beyond other people you’ve seen in the past or may be seeing sporadically. You’re old enough to know warning signs that you are basing too much of your personal happiness and emotional well being on something that lets be honest in all bar a handful of cases is a fantasy however much “real” affection exists between the parties.

It’s quite easy to fall into dependent or Co-dependent relationships. Our obsessions as Ballard said often define us . I’m sure much depends on your personality and for some it’s not an issue but I suspect for quite a few it is.

Anyone been there? Anyone any thoughts and ideas of how to deal with a scenario like this? Putting on my rational and pragmatic hat I’d suggest folding your hand while you’re still ahead and enjoying the happy if maybe slightly bittersweet memories would be the way to go.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Harry68 For This Useful Post:

Dieve (03-03-24)