Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 Years & 11 Months for beating somebody to death

Blog Entries

Default Thats another thing,

Quote Originally Posted by Dub-Boy View Post
    Its the Director of Public Prosecutions that decides what type of charge is brought, if he had of been charged with murder , he may well have walked , no evidence to suggest that he was planning it, therefore it was always going to be manslaughter,
    if he was found not guilty of murder then the trial should as one of manslaughter. As for planning murder. If you and i have an argument and i shoot you dead then its hardly planned. Murder is just that murder whether planned or otherwise. Manslaughter is pretty much an accident.

the law is a joke,
    Westside.

Reviews

And in the last couple of hours a Prison guard has just been sentenced to a 7 year stretch with two years suspended, for dealing drugs, phones and razor blades to prisoners... this country is fucked...
    Drugs are bad enough.... but razor blades... for what??? because the inmates want to shave more often? i dont think so. has this guy stopped to think that it could be one of his colleges that gets close shave from one of these inmates? so close he will be scarred for life.....(no link yet)

Reviews

I'm saying it for years
    There is NO Justice in this Country

Lillis u lying cunt u will come to a bad end......

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    if he was found not guilty of murder then the trial should as one of manslaughter. As for planning murder. If you and i have an argument and i shoot you dead then its hardly planned. Murder is just that murder whether planned or otherwise. Manslaughter is pretty much an accident.

the law is a joke,
    Westside.
    That's it, what's he's thinking of is premeditated murder.

It's the same act but you're treated less bad for some unknown reason.... it's no good to the person lying in the ground.

I agree that the law is a joke.

Reviews

If there was no evidence of premeditation or intent to kill, then a charge of murder would have been pointless, as the lack of evidence would probably have resulted in a jury returning a not guilty verdict. Plus the judge would have been obliged to make the jury aware of the points of law involved.

All that anybody can be certain of, was that they had an arguement, a struggle or fight ensued and a brick was used to hit her with........did he plan or intend to murder his wife?.......your guess is as good as mine........the attempts to conceal what happened and cover up the facts only indicate how his mind was working after the event not beforehand or during it.

just as a matter of interest - those shouting out for justice on here - what was your opinion on the Nally execution of that man outside his farm ?

I really hope i dont see a lack of moral consistency on this one.................

Reviews

Talking bullies lose sometimes...

this would be the case where somebody with approx 70 convictions for violence and theft, thought he could bully and thieve from that landowner with an impecable past?

He pissed Nally off (unusual behaviour for his 'type' perhaps)

Nally gave the violent trespasser both barrels- shit happens.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    just as a matter of interest - those shouting out for justice on here - what was your opinion on the Nally execution of that man outside his farm ?

I really hope i dont see a lack of moral consistency on this one.................
    That case possibly stood a better chance of sustaining a murder conviction. If I recall correctly, two travelers had broken into Mr. Nally's house or were in the process of breaking in......or maybe it was an outhouse. Anyway, Nally discharged a shot and hit one; presumably he could have made a claim that he was only defending himself....so it would be hard to argue premeditation or intent to commit murder there. However, as the two travelers were trying to make good their escape, Nally went back into the house, reloaded the shotgun and went after them, finishing one of them off. Again premeditation might be hard to prove, as Nally could claim that he "lost his sense of reason in the heat of the moment" and due to the stress of having had to put up with similar break-ins/attempted break-ins at his property. So again, it all hinges on whether Nally intended to commit murder or to just give the house breaker a lesson he would'nt forget. Remember here the importance of the concept of reasonable force. Nally certainly used more force then was reasonably required to defend himself and went from being defensive to offensive in sporting parlance. His best defense would have been that he was driven to excess by the fear under which he had been living and that he lost it temporarily i.e. he was not in a frame of mind to exercise control over his actions.

But you would need to be a member of a jury and hear all the evidence to reach a conclusion.

Interestingly, the Dail is or will be debating changes to the law regarding what constitutes reasonable force and steps a householder can take in or on his property to defend himself, his family and his property within the law.
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 05-02-10 at 19:04.

Blog Entries

Default There's no such thing.........

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    That's it, what's he's thinking of is premeditated murder.

It's the same act but you're treated less bad for some unknown reason.... it's no good to the person lying in the ground.

I agree that the law is a joke.
    As "premeditated" murder.........

For someone to be charged, convicted and sentenced for murder, premeditation is a prerequisite, with out if, it's a different charge......

A person doesn't actually have to plan someones murder, ie. I'm going to kill that person on that day in thay way......

If it's shown that they may, or were willing to carry out that crime if the oppertunity presented itself it's probably enough to secure a murder charge, if not a conviction..........

As for the case in hand, I have no great problem with the charges, or conviction. It's the sentence that I have a problem with. The judge said that when passing sentence he took into account that the convicted man was now a single parent...........and who's fcuking fault was that???.........

The whole thing was a farce. If it was indeed an argument that escalated in a physical altercation then why all the cover up and the lies and the endless BS stories???

If he loved her as he says he did and it was something that got out of hand in the heat of the moment, then why not call the emergency services immediately, admit to it immediately, I've assaulted my wife during a fight, please come as quick as you can, then she may have been saved and he perhaps would only have faces a charge of assault or causing actual grevious bodily harm???

If he got the same judge he'd probably have given him a fcuking medal and sent him home .........

That's the biggest problem with crime in this country, the convictions and sentences are not deterrent enough to put people off committing the crime..........Doesn't exactly apply to this case, but to robbery etc., to the criminals, it's worth the risk.............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Default obviously u have an agenda here but

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post

Padraig Nally was pushed to the limit by a scumbag continually trying to rob & torment him He should never have been jailed an example of no justice in this country execution my bollicks trying to equate this with the Lillis cunt is stupid dont be listening to too much knackers in *** name deleted ***(a pub in Limerick Horan frequents).....
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 05-02-10 at 19:53. Reason: Information which could be used to attempt to identify Alec Horan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast