Thread: Michelle O'Neill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

We are a long way from a united Ireland. Definitely not in the next 20 yrs probably longer. So much has to change for it to happen. When they can't agree to a government for 6 counties how will the 32 ever agree. I don't want a 32 county Ireland. In theory it sounds great but I don't want to ditch our anthem, our flag, etc etc. I don't want Unionists in Dail Eireann. This all has to happen if we are to progress. Thanks very much I'm happy the way we are. In general we are at peace. A 32 county Ireland will bring another Civil War.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Benny123 For This Useful Post:

Privet (03-02-24)

Reviews

I wish Michelle all the best ,
    It is a massive step forward for Ireland.
    The atrocities of the past by both sides are despicable, there has been so much unnecessary suffering.
    We have a long way to go, but hopefully we can settle into a period of peace , stability and prosperity.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (03-02-24), Privet (03-02-24)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Benny123 View Post
    We are a long way from a united Ireland. Definitely not in the next 20 yrs probably longer. So much has to change for it to happen. When they can't agree to a government for 6 counties how will the 32 ever agree. I don't want a 32 county Ireland. In theory it sounds great but I don't want to ditch our anthem, our flag, etc etc. I don't want Unionists in Dail Eireann. This all has to happen if we are to progress. Thanks very much I'm happy the way we are. In general we are at peace. A 32 county Ireland will bring another Civil War.
    The flag is in three parts, equality between orange and green. A Republic looks after all the children of the nation equally. Unity and parity are both a long way off, but the long term direction has been set

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldfool For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (03-02-24), Barney Rubble (03-02-24), Privet (03-02-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny123 View Post
    Totally agree. On the odd occasion I need to travel north I always get a sense of eeriness. There is an unsettling 'vibe' about the whole place. A united Ireland would in affect be creating a brand new country. New anthem, new flag, new government structure etc. It could never be a 32 county version of the current 26 counties with everything continuing as is at present.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to konus For This Useful Post:

Privet (03-02-24)

This is quite a positive step, its not that long ago where nationalists were second class citizens in the North.

British out or

a United Ireland with unionists accommodated (trying to be modern and all that)

remains the ultimate goal
    Last edited by TheFalcon; 03-02-24 at 20:45.
    A dangerous weakness of mine- "an attraction for fast women and slow horses"