Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Ireland this bad ?

Reviews

Whoever the fuck gave that pituitary retard Damien Dempsey a record deal should be put to death as soon as possible!

2. Default

I have to agree with that post Ireland is everything he said. I have traveled a lot and if you look you will find issues with most other countries if its not the bad weather it will be heat or something else.

One thing I really love about this country and notice it everytime I return is just how few people live here. I like my peace and quite. lol

Blog Entries

Default Thank you Eps.....

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    Was this mystery poster out old friend "french Stick" i wonder???
    My thought exactly..........

Love it or leave it........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

I think most of the rant is complete and utter cr@p. Typical of the North American arrogance. Every country has good sides and bad but to generalise like he has is disgraceful.

Blog Entries

I think the pub thing might be true. Many times I have asked clients what their hobbies are and the reply was going to the pub in a shockingly high number of cases.... I would not know about the things to do there, but I guess if it true what he sais, I think it is best if an entepreneur picks up on this idea.....

x
    Dublin tbc , Belfast tbc, Cork tbc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I think it is best if an entepreneur picks up on this idea.....

x
    One did...........Patricia. We have a thriving sex culture in Ireland too. It's a pity the Canadian brother did'nt find his way to this site.......maybe he'd feel better then.

The climate is crap, that is true, but coming from the NW of the UK 'tis fair enough.

It is expensive - you have to admit that is true. It is usually relative to the salaries, but even so....

As regards the rest, your health system has always worked for me when I've needed it, so no complaints. Your dentists are especially nice and sexy.....

Governments are crap - blanket statement I know - show me a good one and I shall retract it.

Lack of culture I don't agree with, however, while I have no sympathy for the muslim extremists, your church hasn't done you any favours.

Shoot me down in flames should you wish, and I have read all the history books to last me a lifetime to try and understand the Brit and Irish non-relationship in the past.

No country is perfect, and had I choice in places to rest my days - somewhere hot would be my first, however, I opted for a little place in donegal.

Yes - I shall be the mad bird shuffling to the shops in my slippers and stockings, licking the windows and feeding my 29 cats on buckfast.

So, that would be in about 3 weeks then....

You have the population of manchester spread over your entire country, that is something to celebrate at least.....

T
    xxxx

Yes - the lack of caps was deliberate x

Blog Entries

Default Just as well i never called in

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I think the pub thing might be true. Many times I have asked clients what their hobbies are and the reply was going to the pub in a shockingly high number of cases.... I would not know about the things to do there, but I guess if it true what he sais, I think it is best if an entepreneur picks up on this idea.....

x

Kat - "thats €100 extra Westie"

West - "for what?"

Kat - "for the time you took telling me your hobbies"

an expensive list,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Climate-crap, but I live in Holland, so it is crap here too, you make due.
    Expensive-Where the hell isn't, and expense is relative. What is expensive for one isn't necessarily for the other.
    Governments- The Irish are not alone there, lots of company at the table.
    Culture-Well, the place isn't exactly bursting with museums, piles of rocks yes.
    The Church-As far as choir/altar boys goes, nope it didn't do will by them, but as far a sexual repression it did a fine job there, and we WG's now benefit from that, so in that instance I have loads to thank the church for, horniest men I have met to date.
    History-I am not even going there, I need a life time or two of being acclimated into the culture before I can even begin to understand that bad husband and wife love/hate relationship.
    Cities-Could do with a bit more urbanization. The Irish do love the 'Kuntrey', their Ballys, and their Glens.
    Sheep-Best I have ever eaten. Although there are far to many running around uncooked for my liking, same goes for cows.
    Grass-Lots of the stuff. Everywhere.

In summary, it is like any other place in the world, it has good it has bad, it is all a matter of perspective.

RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

Reviews

Default My tuppence worth ...

I think Dotty nailed it best - happiness is not a place but a state of mind.

Has our unhappy Canadian trekked up the face of Lug na Cuille ? Boated down the majestic Shannon ? Just stood & let his soul get filled with a true Sean Nos singer regailing him ? Attended an All-Ireland hurling final & seen the passion of parish ? Listened to a Sean a Caoi telling a tale ? Visited a fairy fort & let his imagination take him away ? Gone to see the Chieftains in concert ?
    No culture ? He's a moron.

We do drink too much, the whole world knows that. No one visits here for the weather Is Canada not a fuckin' fridge for 6 mths every year ?
    Our women may not be the most handsome ever created but how many Irish girls has he been able to run rings around ? I agree with the lack of exercise thing though, little pickers, bigger knickers girls !
    We were religiously & sexually oppressed for too long but don't blame the sons for the sins of the fathers.
    Our very worst trait he failed to mention - we are fuckin' awful at governing ourselves.
    We need to pull down this farce of a political system & start over.

Poor Canadian guy might just be missing his maple syrup.
    "I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there."
    Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast