Thread: Supervalu park????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

I love the Olympia, although I hate that most gigs I go to there are mostly more of standing gig music and I can never get standing tickets
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

Rooney2808 (31-01-24)

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    I genuinely can't believe so many people are getting their knickers in a twist over this. With the exception of the media nobody will ever refer to it as SuperValu park, just like the ordinary Joe soap doesn't call them the 3 arena or Aviva stadium, we call them the point and Lansdowne road
    Haven't heard either Lansdowne Road or The Point in years. I think the new names have taken over

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Johnom View Post
    Haven't heard either Lansdowne Road or The Point in years. I think the new names have taken over
    It might be a generational thing, so those who grew up calling them the old names use them, but younger people call them the new names.
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

Noregrets (31-01-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnom View Post
    Myself and another gent of similar age got a taxi from Croke park after a match and a few beers one Sunday evening. My friend says to the taxi man, Kingsbridge station please. Yer man looks at us with that look that says he thinks we’re crazy. Never even knew it was once called something other than Heuston.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrumhalf9 For This Useful Post:

Rooney2808 (01-02-24)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    I love the Olympia, although I hate that most gigs I go to there are mostly more of standing gig music and I can never get standing tickets
    Yeah I don't think it really lends itself to a lot of the gigs that are on there. Not many gigs that you want to sit for and Olympia is mostly seated.