Thread: The one that got away

1. Default The one that got away

Have you every regretted not meeting someone of following up be it for a coffee or just asking someone be it for work, a date or an experience ?

Why was it, to busy, too shy, too proud, afraid etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Launcelot For This Useful Post:

64west (02-12-23)

Reviews

I'll bite,

I once met a girl and we hit it off extremely well. A few hours into the night I figure out she's an ex of a friend.
    There is still interest but I slow down the progress drastically (young and stupid).
    We carry on chatting for a few weeks, some mild flirting but I still have the stupid internal conflict.
    Needless to say I'm eventually friend zoned. We remain friends for a few years, she's moved on, I'm still in carrying a flame.
    Took a bit to pull out of that unhealthy situation. Still get the occasional "what if...", though less and less as the years go by.

Where's your story OP?
    “I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Dieve View Post
    Hasn't the person who you've been hiding EI from started to wonder why you're so damn obsessed with cheese? 🤔

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IAmLIAm For This Useful Post:

64west (02-12-23), AmorInfinito8 (02-12-23)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IAmLIAm View Post
    I'll bite,

I once met a girl and we hit it off extremely well. A few hours into the night I figure out she's an ex of a friend.
    There is still interest but I slow down the progress drastically (young and stupid).
    We carry on chatting for a few weeks, some mild flirting but I still have the stupid internal conflict.
    Needless to say I'm eventually friend zoned. We remain friends for a few years, she's moved on, I'm still in carrying a flame.
    Took a bit to pull out of that unhealthy situation. Still get the occasional "what if...", though less and less as the years go by.

Where's your story OP?
    As the song goes, regrets I’ve had a few.

Someone you reflect in hindsight you should have married. Sweet, gorgeous and cared for you but were too busy.

Meeting/invitations for career/business you never accepted.

Now I prefer to look under the stone than miss the opportunity.

Better to try and not regret on what could have been.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Launcelot For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (03-12-23), IAmLIAm (03-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Launcelot View Post
    Have you every regretted not meeting someone of following up be it for a coffee or just asking someone be it for work, a date or an experience ?

Why was it, to busy, too shy, too proud, afraid etc.
    Too Hungry, in some cases around here.
    Last edited by bmw528; 03-12-23 at 01:56. Reason: There are a few around here still hanging on to their communion money