Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burner phone

Default Burner phone

Hoping someone can point a novice in technology in the right path, I want to get a phone for punting and not use personal phone as I realise its too risky but I know nothing about getting a second phone and setting it up,my daughter bought and set my own phone up... where can I go and ask to buy phone with number WhatsApp and stuff set up on it without having to use any personal details attached to this phone

Reviews

Any Vodafone shop 3 mins before the close.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clubcard For This Useful Post:

HappyHunter6 (13-12-23), JennyIrish (22-11-23)

Serious? What do I actually say tho...
    " Can I buy burner phone? "or do I say it another way

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler1979 View Post
    No seriously go in an buy a sim card( pay as you go) don't buy a phone from then. They will want to see ID so bring anything with a name an address on it. At that time the will take a business card!! (Use someone else's)

Then go to any Chinese phone repair shop and buy a secondhand shitty phone. The guy( or girl ) will set it all up for you. Tell him its present for your son or brother

Reviews

Just ask for a new SIM card. They only need to register your details if you want the free credit straight away. Or just say you're in a rush and you'll do it yourself later.

That's what I did - mind you that was a decade or so ago so things might have changed.

Well there goes my idea. They actually need ID now?? Bastards.
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 22-11-23 at 21:23.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Hoping someone can point a novice in technology in the right path, I want to get a phone for punting and not use personal phone as I realise its too risky but I know nothing about getting a second phone and setting it up,my daughter bought and set my own phone up... where can I go and ask to buy phone with number WhatsApp and stuff set up on it without having to use any personal details attached to this phone

Is a “burner” phone not far more risky, as in, if you’re found to have a second phone by a family member you are going to have some serious answering to do.

Or if you’re in a city find a CEX store buy a second hand unlocked cheap phone, won’t cost much, and just go to vodaphone or wherever and buy a SIM card.
    Just be diligent with you own phone in always deleting calls & text? And stick to regular text not WhatsApp?
    Last edited by JennyIrish; 22-11-23 at 21:27.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JennyIrish For This Useful Post:

TommyH123 (22-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Just ask for a new SIM card. They only need to register your details if you want the free credit straight away. Or just say you're in a rush and you'll do it yourself later.

That's what I did - mind you that was a decade or so ago so things might have changed.

Well there goes my idea. They actually need ID now?? Bastards.
    Not sure do they need it but I recently bought a phone for a guy working for me and the asked for details..... I had nothing only a business card at the time

Reviews

This thread has got me feeling a bit nostalgic.

What TV station has reruns of The Wire ?
    Are we there yet ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

TommyH123 (22-11-23)

Reviews

If the phone is causing you this many problems then don’t try a hotel booking because they are seriously complicated, revolving doors and lifts etc …scary shit.

Ok piss take out of the way, not sure what the issue is, you can order a sim online and surely you’ve an old phone at the back of a drawer, pop the card in, download WhatsApp and Bobs your aunties husband.

If in doubt YouTube it
    Last edited by TommyH123; 22-11-23 at 21:31.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

JennyIrish (22-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    This thread has got me feeling a bit nostalgic.

What TV station has reruns of The Wire ?
    🤣, was thinking the same, never a problem getting a burner on The Sopranos….badabing…what da fuck?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast