Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snow ruins punting. Never offer to give a mate a lift.

Blog Entries

Default Yeah but

Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    Have to agree with you on the standard of driving, some just don't understand the old creeping start in snow and icey conditions.
    I drive a small 2 seater (midlife crysis)rear wheel drive car that can be a real pig in wet icy conditions but I just cruised on by them as they spun away !
    a rear wheel drive is better than a front wheel drive but a four wheel drive is better than both.

ladoooo is helping bus eireann tonight,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    a rear wheel drive is better than a front wheel drive but a four wheel drive is better than both.

ladoooo is helping bus eireann tonight,
    Westside.
    i would have thought front wheel drive would be better because with the weight of the engine in front with the rear wheel in frost you are being pushed against the weight causing the back to slide i have seen it happen with rear wheel b.m.w cars or maybe im wrong and its bad driving again i would rather front wheel myself

Blog Entries

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    i would have thought front wheel drive would be better because with the weight of the engine in front with the rear wheel in frost you are being pushed against the weight causing the back to slide i have seen it happen with rear wheel b.m.w cars or maybe im wrong and its bad driving again i would rather front wheel myself
    not sure about ice but its generally accepted that a rear wheel drive is better than a front wheel drive in everyday use.Maybe ice is different.Maybe either one makes no difference in ice.

I reckon a four wheel drive is better in ice though.

a sleagh is better again,
    Westside.

Reviews

not sure about ice but its generally accepted that a rear wheel drive is better than a front wheel drive in everyday use.Maybe ice is different.Maybe either one makes no difference in ice.

Westside.
    i would say a four wheel would be better alright but unfortunally there is a lot of people with the four wheel drive and can't drive them you know what i mean you see it everyday like i do im sure

Reviews

Westside.
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating, on that big freeze up 20 years ago, I was bombing along in my front wheel drive, I remember seeing CIE buses sliding backwards towards me, the only problem was giving every hoare a lift home.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Blog Entries

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating, on that big freeze up 20 years ago, I was bombing along in my front wheel drive, I remember seeing CIE buses sliding backwards towards me, the only problem was giving every hoare a lift home.
    in ice its probably better for wheels to pull than to push but in general conditions i reckon a rear wheel is a better job.A four wheel drive would have no comparison at all ,ice or otherwise.

Rover is pushing on,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteknight111 View Post
    Met eirenn issued a severe weather warning last night
    and you decied to drive from tullow to dublin to get laid???????????

The gov and AA etc advice people not to take unnecessaey journys
    for duration of cold snap.

As good as anna appears to be I think this trip is unnecessaery.
    Well I'm telling my regulars, that they should wait till the weather gets better but they say, that they cannot go on without seeing me...

Blog Entries

Default Couldn't agree more Ber.........

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Ah lads the aul 4x4 is great,u can cruise around and see em all slipping and sliding,pass all
    these vechicles stuck in ditches,lost count the amount ive pulled out of ditches(in fairness the
    standard of driving with some is scandalous,dont know what gear to use they panic and brake if
    they skid terrible stuff altogether).Best part is their is a hill near my place every time i get to the
    bottom there is someone there in a car saying i tried u cant get up there, but i just smile and
    away i go. Wonder does John Gormley cycle to work these days lol
    4wd, the only answer, but I also have to agree with you on the standard of driving, it's absolutely appauling and this weather is really showing it. People should give up complaining about the weather and just get on with it, everyone's gone bloody soft......

I was driving around Dublin yesterday and the biggest proplem was the inability of people to be able to drive in the conditions, not the conditions making it impossible to drive in, it wasn't that bad......

I've gotten out and helped people a few times over the last while, sometimes all they need is a bit of a push but people would rather sit in their warm cars and watch someone stuck on the side of the road, or infront of them than lend a hand. That's what holds the traffic up, one person can't get moving and every other tulip sits behind them looking at them..........

Luther message for the bad weather, get out and give someone a push, you never know when you might need one yourself.............

Of course the next thing I'm waiting for is for the government to announce that they've spent €17 billion on equipment to deal with all this bad weather and road conditions, it'll probably arrive about a month after the weather clears up, and that should pretty much guarentee us we won't see weather like this for another 60 years, and so won't need the equipment............

Electronis voting system, never used, still in the original box.

Will sell or will swap for a few tons of salt, grit and snow ploughs. Offers on a post card to...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Just get yourselves an automatic

Blog Entries

Default By the way

you should experience driving on ice with a motorbike.Its something i would never want to experince again.Jesus,very exciting to say the least.

Its a prayer youd need not a push,
    Westside.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast