Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel

Reviews

Addendum to last post:

I probably do need to work on my approach in the forums. I was not trying to pick a side or stir shit. I felt the topic had devolved very quickly in to slander and closed mindedness. I was trying to open up the conversation by addressing statements that I felt were a little contradictory or dismissive of the opposing view or so general that they needed clarity (or I needed clarity) As is the case with emotional topics defensive postures are then taken (myself included). My intent was not to offend or attack anyone, but rather to gather more information or offer an alternative perspective to how certain statements could be received. I often lack the tack to do this properly and my emoji game is crap so I apologize for my inability to convey my intent properly.
    “I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Dieve View Post
    I'm deeply hurt that you offend kittens and cheese in the same post 😿

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IAmLIAm View Post
    Addendum to last post:

I probably do need to work on my approach in the forums. I was not trying to pick a side or stir shit. I felt the topic had devolved very quickly in to slander and closed mindedness. I was trying to open up the conversation by addressing statements that I felt were a little contradictory or dismissive of the opposing view or so general that they needed clarity (or I needed clarity) As is the case with emotional topics defensive postures are then taken (myself included). My intent was not to offend or attack anyone, but rather to gather more information or offer an alternative perspective to how certain statements could be received. I often lack the tack to do this properly and my emoji game is crap so I apologize for my inability to convey my intent properly.
    No apology required on my part anyway, youre engaging in good faith.
    This is a terrible medium for any discussion, nevermind the middle east.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marko1980 For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (11-10-23)

Reviews

Last edited by joggon; 11-10-23 at 22:33.
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (11-10-23), IAmLIAm (11-10-23), Marko1980 (11-10-23)

Reviews

This thread has been going for days, can’t believe we haven’t sorted the Middle East question yet, the last hope of diplomacy withering on the vine here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (11-10-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by joggon View Post
    Ursula, despite your double standards I'd still ride ye !
    Are we there yet ?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

joggon (11-10-23)

Reviews

a lie the israeli military wants no part of
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Marko1980 View Post
    Again, whats with the lack of understanding here?
    5 million Palestinian people didnt attack anyone.
    A terrorist group called Hamas did. Turning off electricity, water, access to food for 1 million children in Gaza and proceeding to bomb the shit out of civilian infrastructure is ok retaliation is it?
    The Israeli government now have an excuse to attack all Palestinian citizens exactly because the narrative is that its all of them attacking Israel. Its not.
    Hey lad, your'e letting this stuff get right up your nose, chill your beans brother
    "I'm the leader of the pack which makes me such a lucky jack. And here they are, they're so appealing, OK dollies do your dealing."

Reviews

RIP Kim Damti. 22 year old Irish citizen executed by Hamas terrorists for what? She was just enjoying a music festival. If she was killed on Talbot Street it would be news headlines for days. Barely a mention in the Irish media about her.

13. Default

What happened is horrific .

What is happening is horrific .

What is about to happen is horrific .

I ask WHY no one is asking ,

WHY is the conversation not swirling around WHY Israel had allowed this attack to take place !??
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Airbusdriver View Post
    RIP Kim Damti. 22 year old Irish citizen executed by Hamas terrorists for what? She was just enjoying a music festival. If she was killed on Talbot Street it would be news headlines for days. Barely a mention in the Irish media about her.
    https://news.sky.com/story/kim-damti...-dead-12982825

Nothing can justify such slaughter of innocents .

RIP .

The People should Never be confused for their govt. // even if majority of said country support their govt.

Individual persons cannot be held liable ( especially here an innocent young foreigner ! ) for the actions

of their govt.

Heart-hurting to see the news coming out - from both sides .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast