Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signature Rules

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I would agree that there should be some limits. But these seem a bit draconian. A limit on the size of and number of pictures might be better than an outright ban. And 450 characters isn't much, because it will include the characters in tags, url's of links, names of smilies, etc.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Ric and Westie are 2 of the biggest culprits - and what about those with a foreign language in theirs-

Well thats most of the Mods stabbed in the back - Nice one Alec.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I would agree that there should be some limits. But these seem a bit draconian. A limit on the size of and number of pictures might be better than an outright ban. And 450 characters isn't much, because it will include the characters in tags, url's of links, names of smilies, etc.
    450 characters doesn't include bbcode. You can have same again in smilies or other bits of bbcode.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Okay. That's a bit better then. You would be surprised how many characters bbcode and url's take up. For example, I had to do a bit of work to fit the top 50 list within the 10,000 characters allowed for a blog post.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Default It has to be done, I guess....

.... just look at how much space the new thingy on the top of each awarded members post take. You have the award showcase, then the mood case, then the badge case, then location, reviews etc.
    This space need to be taken of somewhere else. So the ones like ngan can have their awards and tell Pat what she should do with these boards, so they can be happy with it.
    Now if Pat wants to have these boards made for the liking of this kind of people, then she shall have it, its only her website anyway. I am sure she will find enough idiots who will come here and be happy with these settings.
    I am just afraid that the people who are worth coming here for, will be in descending numbers in the future. Which is the trend here anyway...

Now, just so I dont look that ungratefull - I can see the usefull changes that has been made over the past few days - the change of the review badge icon, the award for being here long enough, new smilies to make the place more colorfull (when anything else isnt allowed ) etc.

Pity the only smilie I will ever need on this site is this one now well at least until I get banned for speaking my mind....

Blog Entries

Anna, am I to take it you are against signature changes? If yes, what would you consider reasonable limits, I mean do you think pictures should be allowed (how many, what size?), do you think 5 lines/ 450 chars is too little text? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Anna, am I to take it you are against signature changes? If yes, what would you consider reasonable limits, I mean do you think pictures should be allowed (how many, what size?), do you think 5 lines/ 450 chars is too little text? What do you think?
    I think that as long as the space in the sig tag is reasonably used and apportioned, then its ok unless it is longer than cca 2 or 3 inches.
    What i find annoying is, if someone uses long blank spaces or puts it all into the centre of the tag, and so makes it longer although it shows only little info.
    I dont mind pics at all, as long as they are interesting.

And least but not last, the sig would be the least reason I would be bothered with someone. It is the content of the posts which counts for me.

Anyway, i think there are more important issues to be solved than this. I take it that you really work hard on reincarnating of this site, if you find time to change this, even if i never saw anyone complaining about this till now, yet the really important bugs which bother a lot of people constantly ( reviews not appearing, restrictions and how they work etc.) arent even explained..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post
    What i find annoying is, if someone uses long blank spaces or puts it all into the centre of the tag, and so makes it longer although it shows only little info...
    Unfortunately there isn't an automated way for us to stop people doing this other than simply limiting the number of lines that can be used as proposed.

Anyway, i think there are more important issues to be solved than this. I take it that you really work hard on reincarnating of this site, if you find time to change this, even if i never saw anyone complaining about this till now, yet the really important bugs which bother a lot of people constantly ( reviews not appearing, restrictions and how they work etc.) arent even explained..
    I totally take this point, but as I expect you know we are working on other things like reviews at present too. Changes don't just happen because I click my fingers. Well, in a few simple cases like this - signatures - changes can be made very easily, but usually they involve much more debating, loads more work etc, and they don't happen fast. Whilst I'm waiting on numerous things I have others working on like things to do with reviews, I take a look at other smaller issues like this. I also need a break from hard work sometimes. I mean, if I spend all day working on reviews with team, by that night I'm kinda tired of working on reviews, so for a change I'll go look at medals or sigs or something different. If you can understand that.

Blog Entries

If we said one picture allowed in signature and no bigger than avatar size (max 100 x 100 pixels), and kept text limit at 5 lines / 450 chars (including bbcode up to 900 chars) and max text size 3, would that be a happy medium?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Thumbs down

I am sure she will find enough idiots who will come here and be happy with these settings.
    could u please try not to insult people like me.

thank you kindly

Hunter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast