Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disqualified from driving

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Noregrets View Post
    And if caught a much longer ban, it sucks and it terrifies me. I've 6, 109km on m50 in very light traffic and stupidly going thru a red, other lights had gone red but pedestrian light came on and I was already moving, not a pedestrian in sight
    I’ve done the light thing as well, sailed through just as they flicked to red…with a PSNI car two cars back, blue lights flashing, luckily enough I just got a slap on the wrist, probably because of the southern reg, sometimes you just get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post
    I’ve done the light thing as well, sailed through just as they flicked to red…with a PSNI car two cars back, blue lights flashing, luckily enough I just got a slap on the wrist, probably because of the southern reg, sometimes you just get lucky
    Not sure they can do a souther reg up there! I no in England in the truck the speed cameras can't do us😉

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by StradLad69 View Post
    Trust me, I've thought that too😂😂 it just isn't worth it, nearly there but seriously struggling lately it's very weird. All them years of driving for a living, freedom of the road and can go wherever you like I'm the car when home too, goes to show how valuable it is!
    Doesn’t bear thinking about for me..hang tough lad, you’ll get there 👍

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by StradLad69 View Post
    Not sure they can do a souther reg up there! I no in England in the truck the speed cameras can't do us😉
    Yeah I doubt plod was being kind, probably could do little else other than give me a lecture

Reviews

I don't know what it is like in the South, but the North is full of speed vans operated by ex cops. It has turned into a money making racket. People are being caught speeding in inconsequential roads when boy racers are zipping around in broad daylight.

Reviews

Here in the South is not too bad , in my town for example the cops always keep their van in front of the cemetery , one day I passed by walking my dog and I asked "how is the business going " when they told me "actually not much is going " I couldn't resist and I said "of course it's dead around here" 😁😛 . How I am not in jail its beyond me 🤣

7. Default

Shit situation for you, but it's all self inflicted. How a so called "professional" driver didn't have the cop on to slow down after being caught the second time is beyond me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Notabot For This Useful Post:

Bruce 4play (28-04-23)

Reviews

I notice a few mentions of continuing to drive locally while banned.
    No licence means no insurance. While there's a few bad laws that I'm happy to break, there's no way I'd drive without insurance.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

irishjp (28-04-23)

Seeing this thread, makes me want to finish my driving lessons and get on with it. Can't believe I am at this age unable to drive. Hopefully by the summer

Reviews

Well if you are driving trucks a long time , i can see why you would be cracking up! It's a way of life.

I used to work in Dublin Port at freight check in, it's a lonely life.

I had one driver fall asleep at the wheel in the queue but thankfully he had the handbreak up!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast