Thread: Here we go again

1. Default Here we go again

China and the US appear to be dick swinging again over Taiwan. Here we go again why can't we all just get along?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
    China and the US appear to be dick swinging again over Taiwan. Here we go again why can't we all just get along?

China recently stepped in to negotiate a cease fire in the Saudi/Yemeni (Iranian) situation after years of the US arming and supporting the Saudis while escalating the conflict.
    China and Brazil recently signed a trade deal that drops the US dollar as the trading currency.
    The Chinese yuan has overtaken the dollar as the prime trade currency in Russia.

Taiwan is a convenient pressure point for the US.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by UnFulfilledScott View Post
    China recently stepped in to negotiate a cease fire in the Saudi/Yemeni (Iranian) situation after years of the US arming and supporting the Saudis while escalating the conflict.
    China and Brazil recently signed a trade deal that drops the US dollar as the trading currency.
    The Chinese yuan has overtaken the dollar as the prime trade currency in Russia.

Taiwan is a convenient pressure point for the US.
    Yea I read about the China and Brazil trade deal at the end of march/start of April. I believe China is trying to get India and Saudi Arabia to ditch the Petro Dollar aswell. If they did that could potentially collapse the Petro Dollar and could weaken the US severely financially.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Notabot For This Useful Post:

UnFulfilledScott (10-04-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
    Yea I read about the China and Brazil trade deal at the end of march/start of April. I believe China is trying to get India and Saudi Arabia to ditch the Petro Dollar aswell. If they did that could potentially collapse the Petro Dollar and could weaken the US severely financially.
    Yup. Hence the pressure focus on Taiwan.
    Can't recall the Petro Dollar ever been in a more precarious situation since at least the Saudi's OPEC sabre-rattling in the 70s.
    The power afforded the US by use of sanctions depends on that Petro dollar.
    It'll be shock waves across the world for all of us if/when the almighty Petro dollar does collapse.
    I'm of the opinion it's more when than if and that the US are gonna have to come to terms with and manage their declining empire and face the new multipolar world.

Of course the Saudis are playing all sides in an effort to convince the US that the only way they can continue the status quo is with a US security commitment (US troops dying in Saudi wars) and a bunch of shiny new nukes for Riyadh.
    Last edited by UnFulfilledScott; 10-04-23 at 15:55.