Thread: Quieter Week in Work This Week?

Default Quieter Week in Work This Week?

With Easter Weekend coming up & kids off school in Easter holidays... is this a quieter week in work this week, especially in corporations/office work?

I noticed the people who are strategic & savvy with their leave days, always book a few extra days off around the Easter weekend, which makes for more people out of the office.

Decisions & things pushed off until next week etc.

Is it just me noticing this or how are you finding it?
    Last edited by GoneShooting; 04-04-23 at 10:10.

Reviews

Tis quiet here too, not much public in. Was quiet last week too mind.

I think a lot go away this time of the year. I have stuff on at the weekend, i would probly have taken a few days off otherwise myself.
    Take days around a bank holiday, leaves me with more holidays through the year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bananabox999 For This Useful Post:

GoneShooting (04-04-23)

That's what I am finding too. Myself I am going to take Good Friday off. Good Friday was always a strange day in Ireland, it's not a bank holiday, but not a lot goes on either, sort of answer a few emails maybe and do not much else if possible, and not sure about 2023, but I do remember a lot of companies would let people leave after lunchtime Good Friday.

I work in sales related, so do reach out to people as part of my work, and generally find the response falls off big time Easter week, and even for a couple of days after Easter Monday too.

Reviews

Are the pubs shut on Good Friday in the South. I think this law was relaxed in the North. The cops used to go around raiding the bars where I grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneShooting View Post
    That's what I am finding too. Myself I am going to take Good Friday off. Good Friday was always a strange day in Ireland, it's not a bank holiday, but not a lot goes on either, sort of answer a few emails maybe and do not much else if possible, and not sure about 2023, but I do remember a lot of companies would let people leave after lunchtime Good Friday.

I work in sales related, so do reach out to people as part of my work, and generally find the response falls off big time Easter week, and even for a couple of days after Easter Monday too.
    Good friday is a bank holiday IT is not a public holiday, you are not entitled to it off, or extra pay for working it, years ago everywhere closed but that was religious / catholic church

Quote Originally Posted by Joelegs View Post
    Are the pubs shut on Good Friday in the South. I think this law was relaxed in the North. The cops used to go around raiding the bars where I grew up.
    No open as usual

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Joelegs View Post
    Pubs open as usual, that law was changed in 2018 I think.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GoneShooting View Post
    With Easter Weekend coming up & kids off school in Easter holidays... is this a quieter week in work this week, especially in corporations/office work?

I noticed the people who are strategic & savvy with their leave days, always book a few extra days off around the Easter weekend, which makes for more people out of the office.

Decisions & things pushed off until next week etc.

Is it just me noticing this or how are you finding it?
    Fairly quiet week for me too , calm before the storm I hope.
    Last edited by Mrbean76; 05-04-23 at 20:16.
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post
    Fairly quite week for me too , calm before the storm I hope.
    "Quiet" not "Quite".

Last edited by Rockerman; 05-04-23 at 20:16. Reason: I'll have those stolen cars for you next week...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (05-04-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    "Quiet" not "Quite".

No idea what you're talking about
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (05-04-23)