Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latin. The language of looooooove and EI ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Latin. The language of looooooove and EI ?

Would anyone be in favour of making Latin the official language of EI ?

Illegitimis nil carborundum

Blog Entries

Default This is your last warning...........

English Language Only
    We do not allow messages which are written in code or a language which isn’t English. If you post in code or a foreign language your post may be edited or deleted. We will ban users who post in code or a foreign language after we have warned them not to continue doing so.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

3. Default

[QUOTE=luther;140798]English Language Only
    We do not allow messages which are written in code or a language which isn’t English. If you post in code or a foreign language your post may be edited or deleted. We will ban users who post in code or a foreign language

Since when was irish a foreign langauge in Ireland? Granted is not English but foreign!

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post

Since when was irish a foreign langauge in Ireland? Granted is not English but foreign!
    Break down that rule into its two separate parts...

We do not allow messages which are written in code or a language which isn’t English.

If you post in code or a foreign language your post may be edited or deleted. We will ban users who post in code or a foreign language

Number 1 covers your question. It says anything not in English is not allowed. Irish by definition is not English so the acting Mod was well within his terms of reference.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Break down that rule into its two separate parts...

We do not allow messages which are written in code or a language which isn’t English.

If you post in code or a foreign language your post may be edited or deleted. We will ban users who post in code or a foreign language

Number 1 covers your question. It says anything not in English is not allowed. Irish by definition is not English so the acting Mod was well within his terms of reference

Thats not a rule it does not appear in the forum rules I realise you guys make them up as you go along but you can not claim it as a rule.

Secondly as I have pointed out the Banning,editing and deleting threat only refers to codes and foreign languages neither of which refer to Irish in this country. At no time is a threat of banning editing or deleting made in regards of the Irish language. In fact the mod in question actually using Irish in replying to T100 so clearly giving the Ok for the use of Irish.

So presuming the forum rules are Luthers terms of reference and no rule exists there regarding languages and that Luther never gave a warning regarding Irish and used it himself it is clear he acted way outside his terms of reference.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    english language only
    we do not allow messages which are written in code or a language which isn’t english. if you post in code or a foreign language your post may be edited or deleted. we will ban users who post in code or a foreign language after we have warned them not to continue doing so.
    ..........qed

Blog Entries

Default Thanks Sonny.......

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Luther i,m sorry i,ve got you wrong. my only small contention is the slightly sloppy rule as quoted by nit100 which would be better if it said "foreign language and irish" - i also think foreign lingo should be allowed if it has a translation but not in the adverts section
    But I didn't write the rules......
    L

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    But I didn't write the rules......
    Nor did you interpret them correctly.

Blog Entries

Default That......

Quote Originally Posted by NíT100mé View Post
    Nor did you interpret them correctly.
    Is open to interpretation..........

Are you going to answer my questions???
    L

Reviews

Go raibh míle maith agat agus magair leat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast