Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D-day

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    NO!

Yes voters are the reason this country is in the mess its in.Yes voters are running scared and kicking Democracy in the scrotum.

Are you a man or are you a scared sheep?
    Westside.

............................. A Man.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Budget

that i dont know enough about the fishing or farming industry to debate it.however i can comment on what i do know.We cant compare the EU of old with the prposed future EU.they are two completly different animals.

The EU is shaping up more and more all the time to be acollection of states controlled by a single EU goverment in Brussels with different members having differing levels of power.We have never and will never be big enought o have a say over the likes of Germany etc.

The EU is shaping up to being a very different EU to the one we joined.The old EU was about commuinities working together to form a common market.The new EU is about control and profit and greed lead by politicians.A gravy train so to speak where politicians will become less accountable.Makes no bones about it,its all about greed and control and at the expense of Democracy.

The Old EU = a single common market

The New EU = a dictatorship with excessive control over the common person.

Westside.
    There is much more accountability than ever before in for instance the Eu farm budget,it has to get a 98% clean bill of health from independent auditors now before being sanctioned
    and it is meeting this target and exceeding it readily in most countries, if not u are fined,in Ireland we met the criteria almost 100% spain i think were the worst offenders and they were penalised
    31 million i think, to be fair to her Fischler Boel has tightened things up alot

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Ok guys its D-Day time to toddle along to ure polling station and
    cast ure YES vote so that we can stay at the heart of Europe and
    reap the rewards for a prosperous future for our little country
    When u have done this u can be proud in the knowledge that u
    have helped to shape our future
    Ber.
    Had a good laugh at this.

"prosperous future " for our country. I don't think so, as you will see more and more of our jobs going to Eastern Europe.

As regards the farming debate, what has farming in shit is the fact that farmers have been getting money from the EU for ages.

Vote No

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well until we joined the Eu our farming industry was prehistoric
    we now export between 85 and 90% of our total agricultural produce to EU COUNTRIES
    so ure telling me that to go forward with agriculture we can afford to be shunned by the EU
    The facts are that u cannot cover the cost of production of Agricultural produce,produced
    in Ireland if its sold for world market prices.As a farmer if we were not in the Eu i could
    not make a living from farming,thats a fact its not even up for debate as we only consume
    about 10% of what we produce domestically ,the rest has to be exported. If not to the Eu,
    u tell me where. When im in trouble cant see ukip or coir or ganley bailing me out.
    Lets call a spade a spade what u have on the no side are a bunch of misfits
    We now import more potatoes than we produce !!!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Blame

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    We now import more potatoes than we produce !!!
    Well dont blame the Eu for that,the supermarkets are the cause of that because they are bringing
    in cheap imports and farmers cant produce them at this cost,if ure not in the EU not a vegetable
    would be produced in this country .If u want a race to the bottom go ahead source all ure produce on the world market leave the Eu and within 3 years u will have no Agriculture in this country.
    It costs me 27 cent a litre to produce milk in NZ they make profit at 18 cent, do the math and
    dont tell me cut costs,because i have no control over the weather,also if u want u can have
    Brazilian beef for about 70% of the price because they have vast tracts of land with cattle
    running over it,very low labour costs and absoloutely no tracebility, hormones and antibiotics
    widely used so if thats the stuff u want to eat be my guest.Remember though when our
    industry is gone we will be totally at supermarkets mercy,then watch the price rise

Blog Entries

Default But

Well dont blame the Eu for that,the supermarkets are the cause of that because they are bringing

To the best of my knowledge we have being importing more potatoes than we produce for years.

Brazilian beef for about 70% of the price because they have vast tracts of land with cattle
    running over it,very low labour costs and absoloutely no tracebility, hormones and antibiotics
    widely used so if thats the stuff u want to eat be my guest.

Well i am of the believe that alot of farmers here are injecting hormones into animals to beef them up and therefore make more money.I see bullocks now the size of bulls.Way bigger than they were years ago.I see pigs that are enourmous.the cows are way fatter.The animals are just plain blown up like balloons.

I was walking my dog a few weeks back and went into a field and there was something standing staring at me.I had no idea if it was a bullock or a bull.It was that big.Huge.I later saw the same animal back with the rest of the herd.A bullock.It was enourmous and this is what they are lloking like these days.Way heavier than before.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default Most original debate ever...........

I was going to vote yes but Westie, I think you have me nearly convinced........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries
    Reviews

To the best of my knowledge we have being importing more potatoes than we produce for years.

widely used so if thats the stuff u want to eat be my guest.

Well i am of the believe that alot of farmers here are injecting hormones into animals to beef them up and therefore make more money.I see bullocks now the size of bulls.Way bigger than they were years ago.I see pigs that are enourmous.the cows are way fatter.The animals are just plain blown up like balloons.

I was walking my dog a few weeks back and went into a field and there was something standing staring at me.I had no idea if it was a bullock or a bull.It was that big.Huge.I later saw the same animal back with the rest of the herd.A bullock.It was enourmous and this is what they are lloking like these days.Way heavier than before.

Westside.
    Now westie i will try answer ure comments one by one
    1 There is a rigorous testing policy in meat factories for hormones and antibiotics and also
    when carcasses are hanging its quite easy to a trained eye to detect any that are after being
    treated, therir is a minute detrection rate ,bottom line penalties are too severe if caught u
    could for sure say it would put u out of buisness.Every carcass of every animal in this country
    is examined by a vet aswell as having a vet view every animal before slaughter
    2The size of cattle this is down to the old chestnut of genetics /breeding we have with 15 years or so started to use continental breed bulls on our suclker herd which deliver an animal and carcass
    weight which would be approx a third greater than before.Also with the last 3 or 4 years bull beef
    has become popular as the animal will thrive better as a full bull(not castrated/bullock) so my
    advice westie dont go in the field if ure not sure as u may not get out aliveits quite
    common now to have maybe batches of 30 bulls in a field(Its much riskier for farmer handling theese etc but has become an economic necessity for many as margins are very tight)
    3 Cows aswell have got much larger as nowdays milch cows are mainly Holstein friesian now
    rather than British friesian before which are much smaller again the reasons are simple
    economics more energy in (bigger animal greater feed intake) more energy out(more milk)
    same applies to the beef cattle the more they can eat the bigger they get
    4Diet is also vastly different nutritionists are used to formulate diets now depending on
    what the needs of the animal are or the purpose its being used for ie fattening high energy/
    milk production high protein

Reviews

Best thread ever!

I love these agricultural debates and Ber and Westie sure know their onions.

Don't forget to scrape the shite of yer boots before you go in for your tea lads.

Blog Entries

Default Well

Well you know about this stuff.I only know onions.

advice westie dont go in the field if ure not sure as u may not get out aliveits quite
    common now to have maybe batches of 30 bulls in a field

Actually a few years ago i did.I had a boxer dog at the time.I went in through a gap between fields after the dog.The dog stopped,looking over to the left and i looked to see what he was looking at.There was this huge animal staring at us.Course the dog gave a growl and the bull had a face like a laxitive.I could see he was pissed and was going to charge.Fuck it i said and i took off.The dog took off after me which i figured he would and it was just a game to him.Fuck me the bull was charging and he could move.

In any event i came first ,the dog second and the bull last and he was looking out through the hedge at me hoping id come back.I think i wore half my runners off with that run and probably broke a speed record of some kind.FFS if i knew i had to exert that much energy i would have looked for sponsership.

Get fun,
    Westside.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast