Quote Originally Posted by Mucker View Post
I wouldn't disagree with any of what you say, be it 'reviews', pseudo-moderators etc. The social nuances of the forum are not lost on me at all.

However, in this case things were getting very out of hand. This is a lady who has been around for 10+ years to my knowledge (I've visited twice) and keeps a low profile, and does not advertise here and allow reviews. The poster here essentially gave a blow by blow review in the middle of a thread which on top of an already ridiculous amount of attention-drawing requests for her "details" was a bit much.

And I say that as someone who would prefer a review which does give decent detail as distinct from these patronising "please respect her" (as if we weren't going to and will now suddenly by swayed by the advice of the reviewer) reviews which of say more about the reviewer than the provider reviewed.

But this is a lady who does not advertise here and as such is not a candidate for a review. There is a greater sensitivity required on a public forum than was shown in this case.
We basically agree then.

No problem with what you say in principle - but - just inform the official Mods on this EI site and leave it to them to deal with it.

That's what I do.

Otherwise we get a lot of attention seekers on here writing about that same so called review endlessly. Then the provider mentioned then gets even more attention!

Keep it cool. No need for drama.