Page 79 of 444 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League : 2022/23

Reviews

City started out like they wanted to lay down a marker yesterday - mission accomplished.

When they signed Haaland you were hanging onto the hope that Pep would do a Pep and overthink it - play him as centre mid or right-wing back or something similarly insane. Unfortunately for the rest of us he's playing as a traditional No.9, and the rest of the team knows that if they put it anywhere in the box he's going to get something on it.

Even as a United fan you just have to sit back and admire the phenomenon that Haaland is - if he stays fit then all goalscoring records will fall in the next few years. This season, between premier league and champions league, he's scoring a goal every 48 minutes! And he'll have a winter break when everyone else is at the world cup.

Maybe he'll get bored.

Reviews

It's definitely a bad situation. What Ronaldo done in 08 staying an extra season was great and last year he was one of our few positives but if ETH doesn't see him as part of his starting XI then I think we have to back him. We gave him the guts of £220million to spend in the summer so we have to support his decisions.
    While we don't know exactly what offers were in for Ronaldo in the summer we do know that there were not too many offers and there were no offers that were close to being suitable for both Ronaldo and the club, this has been widely reported.
    I'm sure if United got any half decent offer then they would have let him go, we're paying him £480k a week to sit on the bench.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rooney2808 For This Useful Post:

Lighthearted2022 (03-10-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    I can't agree with you on Ronaldo. He came back to his home and had a great season last season...he was 100% the only positive last season...late levellers and winners in Europe dragging us into knockout stages. Two hat tricks...one a memorable one against Tottenham in a 3-2 win.

We have no idea what offers were in...it's speculation. Surely he could have gone to Sporting Lisbon who are actually in the Champions League. Absolutely shameful what's been done to one of the greats. I'm fucking mortified that this shite, shambolic team can leave this guy to rot on the bench...I watched him when he broke through when he was a kid. He was supposed to join Madrid in the summer of 08, but Fergie said give me one more year and he said yes! Another title followed, another Champions League final followed. Respect has to go both ways. Now it's a sour situation.
    I think you're hanging onto the Ronaldo we all loved - he's no longer that player and we have to accept its time to move on - for both parties.

Sporting did look at bringing him back, and their coach said he'd quit if Ronaldo was bought to the club. Thats where we are with him at the moment. I don't know - but I'm sure if he had someone to pay his wages he'd be gone.

Having said that, the big issue last year was having both maguire and Ronaldo in the team - Ronaldo not willing/able to sprint back, and Maguire dropping off meant that there was a massive area for the midfield to cover. We were too easy to play through. Maybe with Maguire out of the picture he'll get some more time against teams that will sit in (although there's not too many of those in the premier league anymore).

Sancho is another on borrowed time - I thought he was at fault for the first goal by not winning the loose ball in midfield like he should have - tried to beat a man instead of playing Rashford in. He's scoring goals but not contributing elsewhere - exactly what we're criticising Ronaldo for.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney2808 View Post
    It's definitely a bad situation. What Ronaldo done in 08 staying an extra season was great and last year he was one of our few positives but if ETH doesn't see him as part of his starting XI then I think we have to back him. We gave him the guts of £220million to spend in the summer so we have to support his decisions.
    While we don't know exactly what offers were in for Ronaldo in the summer we do know that there were not too many offers and there were no offers that were close to being suitable for both Ronaldo and the club, this has been widely reported.
    I'm sure if United got any half decent offer then they would have let him go, we're paying him £480k a week to sit on the bench.
    We're paying him a lot of money, but it's ETH that's choosing to leave him on the bench. A great club for wasting money while Old Trafford is falling to bits. We had the best training facilities for years and now fucking Spurs have passed us!

I wouldn't mind Ronaldo if other players were flying, but they're shite. Fucking Sancho a can of piss, Bruno does fuck all these days. Rashford? Fucking joking me...turns up against Liverpool and he's disappeared again. Antony looks a player alright. Ah he'll start Thursday night if he doesn't throw a wobbler... obviously he's not the future, but still.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Lighthearted2022 (03-10-22), Rooney2808 (03-10-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthearted2022 View Post
    I think you're hanging onto the Ronaldo we all loved - he's no longer that player and we have to accept its time to move on - for both parties.

Sporting did look at bringing him back, and their coach said he'd quit if Ronaldo was bought to the club. Thats where we are with him at the moment. I don't know - but I'm sure if he had someone to pay his wages he'd be gone.

Having said that, the big issue last year was having both maguire and Ronaldo in the team - Ronaldo not willing/able to sprint back, and Maguire dropping off meant that there was a massive area for the midfield to cover. We were too easy to play through. Maybe with Maguire out of the picture he'll get some more time against teams that will sit in (although there's not too many of those in the premier league anymore).

Sancho is another on borrowed time - I thought he was at fault for the first goal by not winning the loose ball in midfield like he should have - tried to beat a man instead of playing Rashford in. He's scoring goals but not contributing elsewhere - exactly what we're criticising Ronaldo for.
    No it's not hanging on. I was happy enough with him leaving in the summer gone...I was delighted he'd had a good season and got his Premier League century.

Sick listening to this pressing shite. United were always 4-4-2...two speedy wingers and a strike partnership...now everyone wants to play the Pep way. United were never a possession team...always gung ho. I hate this shite now.

Reviews

No it's not hanging on. I was happy enough with him leaving in the summer gone...I was delighted he'd had a good season and got his Premier League century.

Sick listening to this pressing shite. United were always 4-4-2...two speedy wingers and a strike partnership...now everyone wants to play the Pep way. United were never a possession team...always gung ho. I hate this shite now.
    Its not about pressing, its about being compact. I was very happy with the team yesterday as our best chance was to catch City on the break with pace. But we seemed to panic whenever we had the ball. Next week it should be Ronaldo up front as Everton don't play a high line.

Reviews

Bruno does fuck all these days.
    Bruno has been nagging me since the middle of last season, does the odd good thing but goes missing for big parts of games - did he get a kick yesterday? The constant hollywood balls he tries gets very annoying when the other team keep it for 5 mins whenever you give it back to them. The excuse was that he never plays well with Ronaldo in team - what's the excuse now? For games where we'll be under pressure it should be Case - McT/Fred - Erickson, with the others scraping for a spot in the front 3.

I know you prefer 4-4-2, but unless you've prime Keane or Kante you're going to be over-run as a two.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthearted2022 For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (03-10-22)

Reviews

I don’t think any team in world football would have coped with City yesterday, so I wouldn’t knock the Utd players, after City , Utd are as good as the rest or better
    The Ronaldo situation is a major bone of contention, as an onlooker, I do believe the amount of money that was invested in his return, would have been better spent on a next generation Ronaldo
    But I understand the sentiment and emotions involved, he did well on a personal level last season, he may however have messed up Sanchos , and other young players development
    It’s always a tough call when a past hero wants to return, from a Liverpool angle, God was only one to make a return, but was only a bit part player under Houllier

Reviews

Leicester v Forest tonight
    In my childhood, that was a massive game
    Brendan has to win, Cooper nothing behind him , but might get slightly longer
    I think 3-1 to Leicester

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthearted2022 View Post
    Bruno has been nagging me since the middle of last season, does the odd good thing but goes missing for big parts of games - did he get a kick yesterday? The constant hollywood balls he tries gets very annoying when the other team keep it for 5 mins whenever you give it back to them. The excuse was that he never plays well with Ronaldo in team - what's the excuse now? For games where we'll be under pressure it should be Case - McT/Fred - Erickson, with the others scraping for a spot in the front 3.

I know you prefer 4-4-2, but unless you've prime Keane or Kante you're going to be over-run as a two.
    Let me enjoy my nostalgia!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Lighthearted2022 (03-10-22)