Page 441 of 444 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 4431

Thread: Premier League : 2022/23

Reviews

I think we all agree that money has changed everything regarding sport , and not for the better,
    It’s just part of life,
    I do find it concerning the movement of players in their prime to Arab leagues , for the money.
    It will ultimately drive the price of average players sky high .
    It may not be that long until some of those teams want to play in CL .
    UEFA , same as PGA will roll over when they see the sums of money involved,
    It will get worse before it gets better.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Privet (27-06-23)

Reviews

All so depressingly very true Ryan, wealth was always a factor to a degree but the void between the ‘haves’ and ‘have some’ and the rest is getting bigger and bigger. The West Ham chairmen would not be considered particularly wealthy in a big club league but is holidaying this week on a super yacht in the med that has a base charter price of €875,000 per week, when you add on the obligatory extras your talking €1.2 million but he is poor in elite sport terms

It will ultimately drive the price of average players sky high .
    It may not be that long until some of those teams want to play in CL .
    UEFA , same as PGA will roll over when they see the sums of money involved,
    It will get worse before it gets better.[/QUOTE]

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Privet View Post
    I could be very wrong but I thought it was called the American Express stadium when first built and then shortened to the Amex which I always thought was short for American express but I guess that is what sponsorship does. I think in the champions league this year there was a city match where the shirt sponsors were two Middle East airlines and there is probably games now where the main sponsor is the same for both teams inchampions league.
    I never even thought of it being the Amex beforehand. Yes it was and obviously that's short for "American Express", but you get my point.

It wasn't originally the Amex.

Anyway it's all bullshit now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Privet (27-06-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    Brighton's stadium will be renamed "American Express Stadium" from next season.

You gotta be fucking kidding me. Football is dead.

Actually I watched some of City's "Treble" celebrations and I didn't really care. I forced myself to watch some of it to get over it quicker and it was such fake bullshit I laughed.

Jack Grealish among others acting like a complete dick...I said to myself...it's all bullshit. Arab money for a yo-yo club and it doesn't compete with United in my head.
    Ah come on man give credit where it’s due. As much as I hate city I wouldn’t exactly describe them as a “yo-yo club” what with 5 PL titles over the past six seasons?!

Winning The FA Cup, Premier League & Champions League in a single season is a massive achievement and nobody should begrudge them that.

I hated it When United did it (as a Liverpool fan) I was envious jealous and pissed off (wishing my team could play like that) they played fantastic free-flowing football
    Strong on all fronts. Never once did I say they didn’t deserve it. The Man United glory days and what a squad they had.

money is not the only factor… just look at the copious amounts of cash Chelsea blew this season all for what, where did that get them… bottom half of the table I think?!

You’re right Grealish is a gobshite. but well able for a session.

100% agree there should be a law against the corporate naming of stadiums, especially the gambling ones “Bet365” seriously fuck off like.

If you had to choose who got the treble… Man City or Liverpool? Would it hurt less if Liverpool got it?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HotRockinLove For This Useful Post:

Privet (29-06-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HotRockinLove View Post
    Ah come on man give credit where it’s due. As much as I hate city I wouldn’t exactly describe them as a “yo-yo club” what with 5 PL titles over the past six seasons?!

Winning The FA Cup, Premier League & Champions League in a single season is a massive achievement and nobody should begrudge them that.

I hated it When United did it (as a Liverpool fan) I was envious jealous and pissed off (wishing my team could play like that) they played fantastic free-flowing football
    Strong on all fronts. Never once did I say they didn’t deserve it. The Man United glory days and what a squad they had.

money is not the only factor… just look at the copious amounts of cash Chelsea blew this season all for what, where did that get them… bottom half of the table I think?!

You’re right Grealish is a gobshite. but well able for a session.

100% agree there should be a law against the corporate naming of stadiums, especially the gambling ones “Bet365” seriously fuck off like.

If you had to choose who got the treble… Man City or Liverpool? Would it hurt less if Liverpool got it?
    You're completely missing the point.

Yo-yo club til they won the Arab lottery. I consider all this success fake. They would be nowhere without it. Football is dead.
    Yes if Liverpool won the Treble I'd be in an awful state, but they are a proper club. I laugh at City winning it. I said I forced myself to watch some of their "Treble" celebrations and I felt better. Jack Grealish topless with a hi-vis vest on acting a complete twat. I said "Whatever" and turned it off. I wouldn't take it away from the manager/players, but honestly much easier to win the "Treble" now....
    FA Cup not near as big as it was...it's turned into a second League Cup because of money elsewhere.
    Where are the great teams of Europe now? They're all below par. It was easy for City... yeah they knocked out Real Madrid, but they're no great shakes anymore. Inter Milan are average. It was pathetic.
    European champions my bollocks.
    All fake.
    English Premier League bending over for Arab money, but then they fake concern for human rights? "Kick it out", women/gay inclusion...but ultimately when the money is there it's "Oh fuck it yeah..." Phoney bastards sicken me.
    What about the financial "irregularities" City are facing (over 100 I think?). Talk of them being relegated, but oh no "Treble" winners! Just brushed under the carpet. Lying bastards.
    Blackburn Rovers under Jack Walker outspent United back in the 90s. United earned the money they spent and had the best youth academy from as far back as the late 40s/early 50s... proper club now fucked. Glazer bastards still dragging on and Old Trafford falling apart.
    Manchester will always be red, Abu Dhabi can be blue.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

HotRockinLove (29-06-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    You're completely missing the point.

Yo-yo club til they won the Arab lottery. I consider all this success fake. They would be nowhere without it. Football is dead.
    Yes if Liverpool won the Treble I'd be in an awful state, but they are a proper club. I laugh at City winning it. I said I forced myself to watch some of their "Treble" celebrations and I felt better. Jack Grealish topless with a hi-vis vest on acting a complete twat. I said "Whatever" and turned it off. I wouldn't take it away from the manager/players, but honestly much easier to win the "Treble" now....
    FA Cup not near as big as it was...it's turned into a second League Cup because of money elsewhere.
    Where are the great teams of Europe now? They're all below par. It was easy for City... yeah they knocked out Real Madrid, but they're no great shakes anymore. Inter Milan are average. It was pathetic.
    European champions my bollocks.
    All fake.
    English Premier League bending over for Arab money, but then they fake concern for human rights? "Kick it out", women/gay inclusion...but ultimately when the money is there it's "Oh fuck it yeah..." Phoney bastards sicken me.
    What about the financial "irregularities" City are facing (over 100 I think?). Talk of them being relegated, but oh no "Treble" winners! Just brushed under the carpet. Lying bastards.
    Blackburn Rovers under Jack Walker outspent United back in the 90s. United earned the money they spent and had the best youth academy from as far back as the late 40s/early 50s... proper club now fucked. Glazer bastards still dragging on and Old Trafford falling apart.
    Manchester will always be red, Abu Dhabi can be blue.
    you make valid points. By yo-yo I thought you meant not consistent. When I said deserved and not begrudging I meant that from the manager and players Point.
    The fake hypocrisy also sickings me… Cash trumps human rights. Yeah the FFP is a joke too. Fuck all will happen to them… Fine the club that would equate to loose change to you and I.
    Sad state of affairs to say the least.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HotRockinLove For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (29-06-23)

I see palace have appointed roy hodgson as manager for next season. He will be 76 just a few days before the season starts. Age is no barrier to roy it seems.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ketchup2023 For This Useful Post:

Privet (03-07-23), Rockerman (03-07-23), Ryankelvin (03-07-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup2023 View Post
    I see palace have appointed roy hodgson as manager for next season. He will be 76 just a few days before the season starts. Age is no barrier to roy it seems.
    He is a young 76 ,
    He is a great manager, he has massive support from his team .
    Wilfred Zaha offered a 4 year contract at Palace, despite being a free agent.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Ketchup2023 (03-07-23), Privet (03-07-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    He is a young 76 ,
    He is a great manager, he has massive support from his team .
    Wilfred Zaha offered a 4 year contract at Palace, despite being a free agent.
    I hope it goes well for him as there can be alot of pressure on managers. I think he came back to them at a good time last season, what i mean is they had a decent run of fixtures. When he finished with them the time before i thought that was it for him.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ketchup2023 For This Useful Post:

Privet (03-07-23), Ryankelvin (03-07-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup2023 View Post
    I hope it goes well for him as there can be alot of pressure on managers. I think he came back to them at a good time last season, what i mean is they had a decent run of fixtures. When he finished with them the time before i thought that was it for him.
    I think he got 18 points from 10 games, big risk at his age , he is targeting a top half finish,
    It would be sad to end his career with a sacking.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Ketchup2023 (03-07-23), Privet (03-07-23)