Page 3 of 444 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League : 2022/23

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    The new Premier League season starts this week. Any predictions?

1. Manchester City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Tottenham Hotspur
    4. Manchester United

Looks like another two horse race with City/Liverpool. I think Tottenham could be strong also.
    goin' with the head or the heart Rock? Man U 4th .. ? as much as I'd like to see it and hope they prove me wrong.. can't see it happening
    5th at best or 6th place finish for United

Quote Originally Posted by Nononsense111 View Post
    I agree with the City prediction, they’re a super side. I think 3-4 will be some combination of Arsenal and Spurs (Conte has done great work and is a terrific manager). I think the current period of uncertainty for Chelsea could land them with a Europa or Conference spot finish. I reckon Newcastle and Everton will have top half finishes, Eddie Howe seems to have things running really smoothly atm. I feel like Southampton will struggle and may even find themselves in a relegations scrap. Theyve had that Austrian Manager (Hassenhutl I think) for a 5ish years now and they’ve been unremarkable for a few seasons now, so wouldn’t be surprised to see them struggle
    i'd rather see Spurs & Arsenal in the top 4 but I think Chelsea will be in there at one of their expenses
    hopefully Arsenal get a top 4 finish and they finally .. prove the doubters like Lighthearted wrong ..

Everton I marked as bottom 6
    hard to look past the promoted 3 for relegation but if any of them stay up think it will be Forest ..
    Leeds & Brentford potential relegation casualties .. and possibly Everton

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthearted2022 View Post
    Can't argue with first two and I think spurs are most settled of the chasers - good manager and the players coming in are solid. Worried for united and hopefully ETH can sort this Ronaldo stuff out - I can't imagine it was his idea to let players leave before the game was over - for a man who is all about the group that's a no-no. Ronnie not coming out of this well at all.

I think Arsenal will be their usual 5 wins in a row followed by 2 draws and 3 defeats. Chelsea - who knows. Good manager and lots of good players so will always be there or thereabouts.

Looking forward to the battle for 3-6 in the table - also think we'll see utd taking the Europa seriously as a backup path in the champions league next year.

As much as it pains me my thoughts are

1.City
    2.Liverpool
    3.Chelsea
    4. Spurs
    5.Utd
    6.Arsenal

Hope I'm wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    I think the jury is still very much out on man utd. Maybe the new manager will get the best out of them but he could have his work cut out to get them into the top 4. Will ronaldo stay? Is their defence sorted. Time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrusTheVirus View Post
    Time will tell but I think they are in for a difficult season. Already in preseason the feel good factor of the early wins ended fairly quickly with the draw with Villa and the defeat to At Mad.

The squad is weak, the defence is poor, midfield is short in numbers, and attack is not top heavy either.

Eriksen is a decent addition, Sancho has no excuse this season, even with Ronaldo's goals, it won't be enough.
    i like what I have seen from ETH . no BS with him . but will take time to build the project
    and other clubs have gone ahead like . Arsenal & Spurs
    .. Ronaldo situation is tricky . part of me wants him out . part of me wants him to stay

Quote Originally Posted by Privet View Post
    Think the top six will be the usual suspects, city and Liverpool one and two I would think but not sure what order. Next four in any order, Arsenal a dark horse if arteta can keep them playing full on all season.

The big question is, Liverpool away to Fulham day one, expect them to pick up three points and a few goals. City away to West Ham, expect them to get spanked by the hammers three or four nil, probably won’t catch Liverpool again all season then
    hard to look past City for the title,
    2. Liverpool
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Spurs
    6. Either West Ham or Rockers Man U

18. Forest, < potentially Brentford or Leeds again >
    19. Fulham
    20. Bournemouth

Haaland for the Golden Boot & City for a double or maybe a treble
    Last edited by BarryD; 01-08-22 at 17:33.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BarryD For This Useful Post:

Nononsense111 (01-08-22), Privet (01-08-22), Rockerman (01-08-22)

Reviews

Think Darwin will do well too, not golden boot material, but I see him getting close to 20

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nononsense111 For This Useful Post:

Privet (01-08-22)

Reviews

The consensus is more struggles for United lol...we wait and see... probably lose Sunday haha! Jesus I'm in for it if I'm battling Privet for 6th!

Haaland strong for golden boot. Salah and Kane lurking.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Privet (01-08-22)

Reviews

You got to be wary of our new forward rocker, remember the name Scamacca…. 6ft 5, no doubt Moyes will have playing as a centre back after two weeks

QUOTE=Rockerman;2797293]The consensus is more struggles for United lol...we wait and see... probably lose Sunday haha! Jesus I'm in for it if I'm battling Privet for 6th!

Haaland strong for golden boot. Salah and Kane lurking.[/QUOTE]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (01-08-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Sometimes one of the promoted teams seem to do well in their first season back in the pl. Brentford last season, leeds before that and wolves done very well a few years ago. I think forest might do ok.
    Second season syndrome. Mid table finish in year 1. Then relegation battle in year 2. Forrests signings should get them to a mid table finish. If Fulham keep Mitrovic they should be ok. I don’t see Bournemouth having much success

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nononsense111 For This Useful Post:

Privet (01-08-22)

Reviews

1st Liverpool
    2nd Man City
    3rd Spurs
    4th Chelsea
    5th Arsenal
    6th Man Utd
    7th Newcastle
    8th West Ham

Relegation Bournemouth Leeds Everton(probably just wishful thinking)

League Cup Spurs
    Fa Cup Newcastle
    Champions league Bayern Munich
    your not really drunk if you can lie on th floor without holding on!! - dean martin

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to villager For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (03-08-22), Privet (01-08-22), Ryankelvin (01-08-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by villager View Post
    1st Liverpool
    2nd Man City
    3rd Spurs
    4th Chelsea
    5th Arsenal
    6th Man Utd
    7th Newcastle
    8th West Ham

League Cup Spurs
    Fa Cup Newcastle
    Um well that's a horrific looking table!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (03-08-22), Privet (01-08-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by villager View Post
    1st Liverpool
    2nd Man City
    3rd Spurs
    4th Chelsea
    5th Arsenal
    6th Man Utd
    7th Newcastle
    8th West Ham

League Cup Spurs
    Fa Cup Newcastle
    That is exactly how I see PL table, I think Arsenal signings will do well, I don’t agree with Munich for CL

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (03-08-22), Privet (01-08-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    That is exactly how I see PL table, I think Arsenal signings will do well, I don’t agree with Munich for CL
    It's all opinions...
    your not really drunk if you can lie on th floor without holding on!! - dean martin

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to villager For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (03-08-22), Ryankelvin (01-08-22)

Reviews

I would be very concerned for Leicester, could well los Maddison and Fofana , and no signings as of yet

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (03-08-22), Privet (02-08-22)

Page 3 of 444 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast