Page 2 of 444 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League : 2022/23

Reviews

Ah, the good old gunners played some good football in the early Wenger days, suffered lately like all rich teams when the cash gets turned off but certainly back on the right track now, was wondering lately how important is arteta in attracting players now, must be part of the reasom Jesus is joining

[QUOTE=Ketchup;2702043]There's no doubt i dont like man utd rocker but i thought ye would have known by this stage who i support, its the gunners. Your 2nd favourite team ? Answer honestly now, ha ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Privet View Post
    When it comes to who ketchup supports it is ah enigma, wrapped in a mystery and surrounded by a puzzle.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (17-06-22)

Reviews

[QUOTE=Ketchup;2702043]There's no doubt i dont like man utd rocker but i thought ye would have known by this stage who i support, its the gunners. Your 2nd favourite team ? Answer honestly now, ha ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Privet View Post
    When it comes to who ketchup supports it is ah enigma, wrapped in a mystery and surrounded by a puzzle.
    Go away...I never would have figured that genuinely now. I thought Newcastle maybe haha.

From '98 to 2004 or so I fucking hated Arsenal so bad! Pires Jesus I would have loved a 50/50 on him lol. Brilliant team back then. Overmars was class, very underrated and Ljungberg always seemed to score against United. Alright so now we know...a bit coy there you were haha.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Privet (17-06-22)

Reviews

Only 48 more sleeps lads !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (17-06-22)

Reviews

Still can't get over how the WC is gonna function this year. I completely understand that it would way too hot to play in summer, but we're all so used to WC being on in the summer, beer gardens and the lot. It's going to be so strange watching the final on some dark November evening

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nononsense111 For This Useful Post:

Privet (18-06-22), Rockerman (18-06-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nononsense111 View Post
    Still can't get over how the WC is gonna function this year. I completely understand that it would way too hot to play in summer, but we're all so used to WC being on in the summer, beer gardens and the lot. It's going to be so strange watching the final on some dark November evening
    The World Cup final is actually in December and pretty close to Christmas Day so we'll all be wearing our Santa hats watching it haha!

As far as I know the Premier League fixtures will return for St. Stephen's Day.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Nononsense111 (18-06-22), Privet (18-06-22), Ryankelvin (18-06-22)

Reviews

The new Premier League season starts this week. Any predictions?

1. Manchester City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Tottenham Hotspur
    4. Manchester United

Looks like another two horse race with City/Liverpool. I think Tottenham could be strong also.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

BarryD (01-08-22), Lighthearted2022 (01-08-22), Nononsense111 (01-08-22), Privet (01-08-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post

1. Manchester City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Tottenham Hotspur
    4. Manchester United

Looks like another two horse race with City/Liverpool. I think Tottenham could be strong also.
    I agree with the City prediction, they’re a super side. I think 3-4 will be some combination of Arsenal and Spurs (Conte has done great work and is a terrific manager). I think the current period of uncertainty for Chelsea could land them with a Europa or Conference spot finish. I reckon Newcastle and Everton will have top half finishes, Eddie Howe seems to have things running really smoothly atm. I feel like Southampton will struggle and may even find themselves in a relegations scrap. Theyve had that Austrian Manager (Hassenhutl I think) for a 5ish years now and they’ve been unremarkable for a few seasons now, so wouldn’t be surprised to see them struggle

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nononsense111 For This Useful Post:

Privet (01-08-22), Rockerman (01-08-22)

Reviews

Think the top six will be the usual suspects, city and Liverpool one and two I would think but not sure what order. Next four in any order, Arsenal a dark horse if arteta can keep them playing full on all season.

The big question is, Liverpool away to Fulham day one, expect them to pick up three points and a few goals. City away to West Ham, expect them to get spanked by the hammers three or four nil, probably won’t catch Liverpool again all season then

QUOTE=Rockerman;2796413]The new Premier League season starts this week. Any predictions?

1. Manchester City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Tottenham Hotspur
    4. Manchester United

Looks like another two horse race with City/Liverpool. I think Tottenham could be strong also.[/QUOTE]

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

Nononsense111 (01-08-22), Rockerman (01-08-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post

1. Manchester City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Tottenham Hotspur
    4. Manchester United

Can't argue with first two and I think spurs are most settled of the chasers - good manager and the players coming in are solid. Worried for united and hopefully ETH can sort this Ronaldo stuff out - I can't imagine it was his idea to let players leave before the game was over - for a man who is all about the group that's a no-no. Ronnie not coming out of this well at all.

I think Arsenal will be their usual 5 wins in a row followed by 2 draws and 3 defeats. Chelsea - who knows. Good manager and lots of good players so will always be there or thereabouts.

Looking forward to the battle for 3-6 in the table - also think we'll see utd taking the Europa seriously as a backup path in the champions league next year.

As much as it pains me my thoughts are

1.City
    2.Liverpool
    3.Chelsea
    4. Spurs
    5.Utd
    6.Arsenal

Hope I'm wrong!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lighthearted2022 For This Useful Post:

Privet (01-08-22), Rockerman (01-08-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    I think the jury is still very much out on man utd. Maybe the new manager will get the best out of them but he could have his work cut out to get them into the top 4. Will ronaldo stay? Is their defence sorted. Time will tell.
    Oh yeah for sure...I am just trying to be positive! Well United surely couldn't be worse than last season so I expect us to make a better fight of it. Chelsea are light up top with Lukaku gone and Arsenal are always up and down so I think the race for third/fourth will be competitive...top two is a guarantee really for City/Liverpool.

It seems Ronaldo will be staying by the looks of it... nobody has come in for him. We need Martinez to be a success...here's hoping.

I think a draw in a friendly in bad weather is fairly insignificant going forward.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

BarryD (01-08-22), Lighthearted2022 (01-08-22), Privet (01-08-22)

Page 2 of 444 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast