Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you consent on alcohol?

1. Default Can you consent on alcohol?

Growing up, I never heard anyone say anything about alcohol and consent but in the last few years, it seems that people claim you can't consent while intoxicated. I'm not talking about where one partner is wasted and the other is sober or just tipsy but where both people are at an equal state of inebriation.

If a guy goes to a pub, meets a girl, and they both go back to his place to have sex, has he commited rape even if she says yes?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by greylatex View Post
    If a guy goes to a pub, meets a girl, and they both go back to his place to have sex, has he commited rape even if she says yes?
    A medical professional would be needed to ensure a woman is of sound mind and not under the influence of any inhibiting substances.
    Then a solicitor to notarise any agreement that may be entered into.
    Might be no harm to video (with her written consent) the entire proceedings. And keep your solicitor there as a witness.
    It's the totally only safe way.

I think safer to hire a professional from here
    Last edited by TonyB; 14-04-22 at 21:08.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

bollocks (18-04-22), Rockerman (14-04-22)

4. Default

Growing up, I never heard anyone say anything about alcohol and consent but in the last few years, it seems that people claim you can't consent while intoxicated. I'm not talking about where one partner is wasted and the other is sober or just tipsy but where both people are at an equal state of inebriation.

It's very difficult to prove in this instance, if you are worried get legal help but like I said difficult to prove beyond all reasonable doubt in any case. Probably more so if she was scuttered and a bad witness..

Blog Entries

Depends on if its regretted the next day or not and if a person was vindictive along with proof of course. What if both were drunk?

Westside

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    A medical professional would be needed to ensure a woman is of sound mind
    Best of luck with that one.

Westside

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Clubcard (15-04-22), TonyB (15-04-22)

It's a funny one.....there were 2 occasions where a girl plied me with drink and then jumped on me, and we, of course, ended up fucking. Wouldn't have happened if I was sober, but enjoyed it, even though i regretted it (slightly). I wasn't incapable of resisting, just drunk enough not to care about the consequences.

However, I'd never do the same to a girl.

If the girl is totally pissed, its rape.

If she's drunk and you're sober....rape.

If both of ye are equally pissed....difficult one., but probably rape, or at least a shitty thing to do.

Reviews

So, both parties need a doctor and solicitor in case the man is the victim also

QUOTE=TonyB;2564943]A medical professional would be needed to ensure a woman is of sound mind and not under the influence of any inhibiting substances.
    Then a solicitor to notarise any agreement that may be entered into.
    Might be no harm to video (with her written consent) the entire proceedings. And keep your solicitor there as a witness.
    It's the totally only safe way.

I think safer to hire a professional from here[/QUOTE]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

TonyB (15-04-22)

Reviews

I know several ladies around my own age that happily admit that in the past, they have gone out to deliberately get drunk and get laid.
    Probably happens today too, but if the guy is an idiot next day, god help him.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

TonyB (15-04-22)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Was she lured back to his place or did she want to go to his place? Seems to me if she likes him and he is not interested in continuing a relationship, she has a great choice to ruin him if she wishes.

Consent is an ongoing process.

Alcohol complicates the situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast