Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What is the most woke country in the world today?

1. Default

How old are you, out of interest?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JennyIrish View Post
    Ireland. Esp after the two jonnies getting kicked off 2fm coz some poor craytur took offence to a podcast they had reading out car bumber stickers from boy and girl racers aroung the country. I detest woke culture so much, it will erode the character of our culture, Irish humour has always been so un p.c., see you next tuesday could even be a term of endearment in some areas lol, imagine if Fr Ted was unleashed on modern snowflakes? I really hope that theres a shift in this acceptance of the prepetually offended and these people who are continual victims I have zero tolerance for it all! suck it up buttercups!
    Father Ted called the English 'a shower of bastards' but you wouldnt get away with all that now, in fact people wont hardly open their mouths now in case of offending someone.

I see Donald Tramp going to have his twitter account reinstated

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WeeJimmy View Post
    Father Ted called the English 'a shower of bastards' but you wouldnt get away with all that now, in fact people wont hardly open their mouths now in case of offending someone.

I see Donald Tramp going to have his twitter account reinstated
    What did Father Jack call the Japanese again ? Then there was the Nazi episode. Father Ted was genius! These freaks these days...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JennyIrish View Post
    Ireland. Esp after the two jonnies getting kicked off 2fm coz some poor craytur took offence to a podcast they had reading out car bumber stickers from boy and girl racers aroung the country. I detest woke culture so much, it will erode the character of our culture, Irish humour has always been so un p.c., see you next tuesday could even be a term of endearment in some areas lol, imagine if Fr Ted was unleashed on modern snowflakes? I really hope that theres a shift in this acceptance of the prepetually offended and these people who are continual victims I have zero tolerance for it all! suck it up buttercups!
    2 Johnnies weren't kicked off 2FM, there was a bit of a fuss at the time, a storm in a teacup but if you want to listen to them they still have their show on 2FM from 15.00 - 18.00 Monday to Friday.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UnFulfilledScott View Post
    I dunno bout this.
    Who's this 'left and the intellectual classes' blob you speak of?
    What leftists are lining up with the powers that be in this country?
    The Intelligentsia.

The intelligentsia is a status class composed of the university-educated people of a society who engage in the complex mental labours by which they critique, shape, and lead in the politics, policies, and culture of their society as such, the intelligentsia comprises of scholars, academics, teachers, journalists, and literary writers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligentsia

Quote Originally Posted by IDF2 View Post
    The Intelligentsia.

The intelligentsia is a status class composed of the university-educated people of a society who engage in the complex mental labours by which they critique, shape, and lead in the politics, policies, and culture of their society as such, the intelligentsia comprises of scholars, academics, teachers, journalists, and literary writers.

That's the professional managerial class.
    There's no leftists in the PMC.
    The PMC are liberals and conservatives.

Can we please stop confusing leftists with liberal?

Quote Originally Posted by IDF2 View Post
    The Intelligentsia.

And we drink coffee.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    What did Father Jack call the Japanese again ? Then there was the Nazi episode. Father Ted was genius! These freaks these days...
    oh yeah, that was the rabbits i think he was calling hairy Japanese Bustards
    I don't think there will be a comedy like it ever again. its sad in todays society to see them editing parts of it on the internet that they deem unsuitable, it doesn't take much to offend these times

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UnFulfilledScott View Post
    That's the professional managerial class.
    There's no leftists in the PMC.
    The PMC are liberals and conservatives.

Can we please stop confusing leftists with liberal?
    100% True.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IDF2 For This Useful Post:

UnFulfilledScott (13-05-22)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456