Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limewire etc.etc.

Being an aged old fogey I am totally at a loss when you young 'hip to the groove' people begin a discussion like this.

I am sure that I am missing out in some fashion but I will fear not the future and just continue to light my pipe put on my walking shoes and take the dogs out for a run in the country.

It really is a splendid way to spend a long summers evening.

A smoke a walk a sit down a word with a passer by and casting a stick into the river for the dogs to retrieve. I imagine that you dont get this with your ipod thingy.

Yes of course you can put on your headphones and go outdoors but like the ubiquitous mobile phone I have a sensation that these items have become something of a security blanket for some. People dont seem to do what they are actually doing anymore, always going somewhere they never arrive at arranging something for later whilst they should be now doing what they were so looking forward to only earlier and the headphones blocking out the world and those in it.

Alas, am I nothing more than a silly old fool ?

Quote Originally Posted by Banned User View Post
    Being an aged old fogey I am totally at a loss when you young 'hip to the groove' people begin a discussion like this.

I am sure that I am missing out in some fashion but I will fear not the future and just continue to light my pipe put on my walking shoes and take the dogs out for a run in the country.

It really is a splendid way to spend a long summers evening.

A smoke a walk a sit down a word with a passer by and casting a stick into the river for the dogs to retrieve. I imagine that you dont get this with your ipod thingy.

Yes of course you can put on your headphones and go outdoors but like the ubiquitous mobile phone I have a sensation that these items have become something of a security blanket for some. People dont seem to do what they are actually doing anymore, always going somewhere they never arrive at arranging something for later whilst they should be now doing what they were so looking forward to only earlier and the headphones blocking out the world and those in it.

Alas, am I nothing more than a silly old fool ?

You are not a fool. It's very true.
    It's just that we like music so much.

3. Default

I think TV has more to answer for in terms of how people interact with the world. The editing process seems to have completely warped the way people process information, everything is immediately disposable - headphones are just an extension of this social disenfranchisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12