Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad day...

Quote Originally Posted by Noregrets View Post
    You know nothing, it is speculation, I know nothing, but I do know a lot of very dedicated Gardai and they will do everything possible to catch the murderer, but even if there were eye witnesses, unless the filmed the murderer, it is not as easy as you may thing, and they need to get it right, so speed is not the crucial aspect here, it is to make sure that they catch and CONVICT the killer.
    Hopefully the guards have learned lessons from their botched attempts solving Sophie dePlantier, JoJo Dollars , Fiona Sinnott and Deirdre Jacob murders.
    Was the attack filmed?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobbyknowsbest For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    Speed is not crucial? Nearly always the longer it takes the case can go cold. 24 hours or 48 hours go by and that can be problematic. Ireland is not the hardest country to leave with the border with the North. If this man was not from Ireland he could very easily leave as quickly as he can. If he is Irish that is different. Anyway maybe we will get some positive news very soon.
    Yes, speed is critical, but yet again YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF HOW THE INVESTIGATION IS PROGRESSING, and they need to get it right, search warrants, warrants to trace phones etc all take time to get, and they can not afford to slip up and let the murderer away on a technicality

Reviews

You said "Speed is not the crucial aspect here." Then you say "Yes speed is critical." Look at your posts. You say I know nothing...well I know with a crime like this speed is absolutely essential. This man could have bruised and bloodied fists, there could be defensive wounds from the poor woman (scratches etc). Physical evidence should be easy so what is the talk about CCTV and someone recording the crime to get a conviction?

Reviews

Well YAL I'm not sure if you're having a go at me there to be honest? Yes it's a sad topic, but it was put up and I am only posting like other people have been. I am angry about what happened and I feel we need a result with the investigation as quickly as possible. I know it can take time. I have a daughter myself and it is concerning this man is at large.

You said "Speed is not the crucial aspect here." Then you say "Yes speed is critical." Look at your posts. You say I know nothing...well I know with a crime like this speed is absolutely essential. This man could have bruised and bloodied fists, there could be defensive wounds from the poor woman (scratches etc). Physical evidence should be easy so what is the talk about CCTV and someone recording the crime to get a conviction?

Speed in the investigation yes

Speed in telling the public what is happening NO

This man could

Could be defensive wounds

Physical evidence should

Do some research, have you any idea how much evidence is needed to get a conviction, murder trials can take weeks, for all the evidence to be presented

I am sure everyone wants him caught, but pressuring the Gardai to be able to publicly have someone arrested and charged is only increasing the risk of the wrong person been charged or the right person charged but not convicted.

It is not a one hour tv programme

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Noregrets For This Useful Post:

Reviews

You act like you are a judge or a prosecutor. Maybe you are? I am talking about speed in the investigation obviously. I also think if they apprehended the man who was obviously the murderer they would announce it very quickly. I'm not talking about a court case six months down the line. Do your own research...you aren't here to teach me man. I'm well educated already. Anyway I think we should move it along as YAL says. I agree to that. It is a sad situation.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Laimo View Post
    I don't agree but maybe statistically you are right. But what about attacks not involving murder or sexual assaults.
    The thread is about murder and if you Google it you'll find I'm right.
    I always am. It's my only failing

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

Reviews

If you take all the men murdered as a result of crime gangs warfare etc, I would imagine that would drastically alter that statistic.

Still 87% of women murdered are murdered by people known to time. Thankfully murders such as this one are not very common, but still one is one too many.

We must condone ALL VIOLENCE and the courts must get much harsher on sentences for violent crime.
    A friend of mine from school teaches sociology or something similar in a college. He claims punishment isn't a deterrent as criminals believe they won't be caught.
    So he claims harsher punishment won't work.
    I'm a simple punter, I don't know, but I agree with your point
    Last edited by TonyB; 14-01-22 at 20:36.

Reviews

I wish the same anger was directed towards all the men that are violent towards their partners , we sadly seem to accept certain levels of violence and more so where the victim knows the perpetrator.
    What about all the women who verbally abuse and wreck the heads of men, torturing them?
    I store recordings for an employee who has been abused by his wife. How he hasn't killed her is beyond me.
    I am a passive person and I would have at the very least been tempted.
    You have a very narrow one sided view on reality

Reviews

What's with the sarcasm and LOLs on this thread? I mean the Gardai in general aren't the most competent in the world. I wouldn't have thought he would be so hard to find, but anyway hopefully he will be caught soon. It happened in a town in Ireland and he seems to have ended up on foot. Anyway lets see how it goes. Enjoy your little high fives and fist pumps between the two of you.
    The Gardai are a lot more competitent than you believe.
    They just chose to ignore things for what the government believe is the greater good.
    And in some cases they are beaten by the judicial service that is supposed to protect us and not the criminals.
    Don't underestimate the Gardai they are actually quite a lot better than they are given credit for

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

whoseyourdaddy (14-01-22)

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast