Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The ROCK

Reviews

[QUOTE=Banned User;102937]

Kilkenny Pop 87,000 (31)
    Cork Pop 480,000 (30)

kilkenny play........................................hurling only (doh whats a football ,soccer ball ,rugby ball)

cork play everything.

nbt

[QUOTE=ninebythree;102942]
    Quote Originally Posted by Banned User View Post

Kilkenny Pop 87,000 (31)
    Cork Pop 480,000 (30)

kilkenny play........................................hurling only (doh whats a football ,soccer ball ,rugby ball)

cork play everything.

nbt
    Jack of all trades - master of none

Kerry - Football
    Limerick - Rugby (ROG World Cup and Lions)
    Dublin - Soccer (Roy Keane- Stephen Ireland - gone home to mammy)

and as for Michael Collins.

Reviews

[QUOTE=Banned User;102945]
    Quote Originally Posted by ninebythree View Post

Jack of all trades - master of none

Kerry - Football
    Limerick - Rugby (ROG World Cup and Lions)
    Dublin - Soccer (Roy Keane- Stephen Ireland - gone home to mammy)

and as for Michael Collins.

roy keane and michael collins...............two great lads shot in the back

rog...............drop goal in cardiff

kerry ............same as kilkenny monosport

as for stephen ireland ............ye be cheering for him in croker against italians

nbt

Reviews

I think O'sullivan was over reacting here, I read a lot about nasty eye injuries over the years in hurling preventing this by wearing helmets is common sense, discarding helmets during senior matches is just a macho image thing, O'sullivan was clearly influenced in saying this by his disagreement with officials on the Cork team he was looking to get away from full back to play further up field hes done himself no favors & now finds himself isolated, great hurler though.....

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Distorts

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    I think O'sullivan was over reacting here, I read a lot about nasty eye injuries over the years in hurling preventing this by wearing helmets is common sense, discarding helmets during senior matches is just a macho image thing, O'sullivan was clearly influenced in saying this by his disagreement with officials on the Cork team he was looking to get away from full back to play further up field hes done himself no favors & now finds himself isolated, great hurler though.....
    Cant agree here having played my self could never get used to a helmet probably because
    i never wore one when i was younger they take a lot of getting used to as the bars can distort
    your vision, u even see guys cutting out some of the bars,another issue is they get really
    uncomfortable and u wil sweat profusely in them.Some players are still wearing helmets
    without the face guard so it not for eye protection they wear them.
    And as for the macho thing in the last 10 minutes of a hectic champonship game to take of
    the helmet helps to cool u down seeing as u lose a large percentage of ure body heat
    from the top of ure head,small things like this can help alot u even see mentors giving
    players a fist of fruit pastilles in the last 5 minutes for that sugar rush to boost ure
    energy levels , a few of the cork players actually did this frequently.Dont think
    Diarmuid had to prove to anybody he was macho think that was apparent
    REBELS ABU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12