Thread: Post July 19 Travelling To UK and Back

Reviews

Default Post July 19 Travelling To UK and Back

Hi folks, I'm traveling to England for the Bank Holiday Weekend.

I'm totally confused as to the new rules, I'm traveling with Ryanair.

I was hoping I could get some advice on the following from the house -

1 Do Ryanair still accept paper boarding passes or do you have to use their App only!

2 Re The Covid Cert will the paper printed version will be accepted on the way over and back?

Oh and by the way can a QR code on a mobile phone be read if you have screen cracks?

Than you in advance!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Reviews

Well any news on this one?

I was last time in London, end of May,
    From Dublin to London & from London to Belfast

I had COVID test, nobody checked, I had not any question at the Dublin airport,
    on the way back was different so I landed in Belfast.
    Sensual massage with Thai oil massage elements ★★★★★
    Upcoming tour updated:

I am in Cork

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jessicabp For This Useful Post:

LLLLL (21-07-21), robbie9 (21-07-21), The Libertarian (21-07-21)

Reviews

Thanks for your response, but your situation was different as you entered back in to what is technically The UK and before July 19th when travel restrictions have changed!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

robbie9 (21-07-21)

Flew Dublin to Liverpool last Sunday the 18th, no tests needed flying from Ireland to England. (Not sure if that is for Scotland or Wales)

Flew Liverpool to Dublin Monday the 19th, had to show vaccination cert, (either on phone or a printed copy was acceptable) to board.

If you do not have a vaccination cert you will require a PCR test.

Upon arrival in Dublin I had to show my vaccination cert at immigration.

Reviews

Any updates on this one, please.

Is Ryanair accepting paper boarding cards and paper proof of vaccination certs?

Is there any need to have a negative test to return here from England?

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    Any updates on this one, please.

Is Ryanair accepting paper boarding cards and paper proof of vaccination certs?

Is there any need to have a negative test to return here from England?
    I replied already, travelled to Liverpool last Sunday, only document required Passport, Ryanair flight. Travelled back from Manchester, passport and vaccine cert or negative PCR test required.

Will be travelling again this Monday and probably Tues back. expect the exact same requirements.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Noregrets For This Useful Post:

The Libertarian (28-07-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Noregrets View Post
    I replied already, travelled to Liverpool last Sunday, only document required Passport, Ryanair flight. Travelled back from Manchester, passport and vaccine cert or negative PCR test required.

Will be travelling again this Monday and probably Tues back. expect the exact same requirements.
    Hi, will you let us know how you got on, in particular on the way back, please.
    I didn't travel as was afraid of being stranded in The UK.
    But I'm due to travel again at the end of the month and this time I will be way better prepared!

Reviews

I was in England last weekend, flying back on Monday Night. Before I went I signed up to the Ryanair App and my boarding passes and Covid Vax Cert were put on it, I transferred them from my Ryanair account on my laptop easy enough to the App. I also had paper versions of both passes and the Vax Cert.

In Dublin Airport I used the paper version of my outgoing boarding pass, no bother and I had to show my passport, as expected nothing else was asked of me going to England!

On the way back, my flight landed in Dublin 2 hours late and after midnight so that may have influenced the direction of what happened.

I completed my passenger location form in England on the Saturday on my phone and emailed it to the reception of where I was staying, they seemed familiar with the process and they printed the receipt no bother for me!

I spoke to a Ryanair Rep on the way out and she said that technically on a short trip within the 72 hour window, you could actually fill it out in Ireland!

At the Airport, there was an element of chaos because the Aer Lingus Flight to Dublin was also delayed, but some genius decided it might be brilliant to have their passengers leave from the gate right next to The Ryanair one and just before our delayed flight was to take off!

The Aer Lingus Passengers were lucky because they were not subsequently delayed for another hour because unlike us, they could get off the stand, whereas due to shortage of staff and apparently evacuation from Afghanistan Flights, we were stuck!

At The English Airport, we were told by Ryanair Crew to make sure we had the passenger Location Form completed or we would face a €475 fine in Dublin.

I produced my paper returning boarding pass and passport to be scanned, I had the other info to hand also in paper form.

Guess what? Neither the Covid Vax Cert or passenger Location Form was asked for at the English Airport!

No other passenger was asked for those documents either.

At Immigration control in Dublin, The Guard Scanned my passport, now he could see I had paper versions of the 2 forms with me ready to show, but he did not ask and just welcomed my back!

Other people were asked where had they come from, but I didn't notice anybody being asked for the 2 forms,

It was after midnight though!

there are no checkpoints for either covid pass or passenger locator form when arriving into Ireland.
    there are random spot checks for same as the requirement still exists to carry both the covid cert and PLF.
    when entering into the UK from Ireland there are no checks whatsoever. I am not sure of the legal requirement but I think there's free travel between both countries. in my experience I have never once been asked for any documents in 4 visits in the last month.