Thread: A controversial q for anyone willing to answer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default A controversial q for anyone willing to answer

I was born a catholic but never really believed in it.I believed in a higher power but not in the teachings of the catholic church.For years this didnt bother me but lately primarily because of the conduct of the catholic church towards abuse victims it has frustrated me to no end (and no i wasnt an abuse victim of the catholic church because my old fella would kick the shit out of them).I no longer want to be part of it.

For the last while i have being studying buddhism and doing meditation ,the reason being that i am highly strung and cant stay still either.While this is great it would also be great to be able to quiet my mind at will.

Since i have no kids and am not married ,i am looking into leaving the catholic church officially and converting to buddhism although i am not shaving my head.I am however willing to do back flips (i can already) and various other types of zen and meditation.

My q.Has anyone here converted to another religon?Is anyone considering converting to another religon or belief?Like i said i was born a catholic but never really believed in its teachings,i do however have tremendous faith although not along the lines of catholic.

I can buy the orange cardigan no probs,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 03-07-09 at 19:01. Reason: :-)