Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by shyguyshyguy12 View Post
    What do you think Afghanistan was like before?
    The Russians tried invading and failed, but it took 3 yrs after they left with agreed terms for Afghanistan to fall again.
    Yes America fucked up leaving so quickly, but it does look like an impossible task without staying there permanently.
    The Russians were far from the first to invade Afghanistan, any student of history would have known the warnings about going in to begin with.

Take a look at what Afghanistan was like in the 60's and 70's before external interference.

If you're going to nation build, own it. As for staying permanently, do you know how long and how many troops are still in Japan, Korea, Germany?

It's a bit rich to say "we can't stay there forever", when there are order of magnitudes higher numbers of troops deployed to several other countries, not just decades but generations after the end of wars.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

IDF2 (25-08-21)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cluelesss View Post
    If you are so worried pick up the gun or book and go help them, why the fuck westerners should go and die there? There are a lot of places on earth where even worse shit is happening right now, but nobody cares.
    Everybody seems to be forgetting about 9/11 .

: the Taliban hosted several dozen terrorist training camps in Afghanistan .

They provided safe haven to Bin Laden and his organization : the sole aim of which

organization was to attack and damage the US and the West .

: anybody remember the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Tower ? : We ‘let it go’

without full-on engagement . For them it was dress rehearsal and allowed them to

plan and carry out 9/11 .

That is why we Had to go in : to dismantle the training camps , to try to

eliminate the hostile ‘government’ of the Taliban so that the terrorist organization

would Not have a place to continue plotting and training and ultimately carrying out

further large scale attacks on US , on the West .

In That mission , the 20 year ‘occupation’ Did work .

As to withdrawing our forces : it was always the plan to train and equip the

local forces ; for Them to take over and defend and lead their own country .

: what’s happening Now , is a disgrace :: the seeds of which dt TFG had planted

by signing an unconditional peace treaty with the Taliban (!!) , without including

the Afghan government in the ‘deal’ . :: that’s when the Afghan forces lost heart and

the unraveling of 20 years’ hard won gains started to unravel at extraordinary speed .

: and now the headless evacuation ! A humanitarian crisis that didn’t need to be .

A shame . A stain on our nation .

And we hand back the country to the very same outfit that hosted Bin Laden .

Madness .

In meantime .

: the Taliban say they have changed ..

Yah . Now they issue death warrants before executing :

: they had issued a death warrant to the Brother of a former Interpreter ;

the warrant states : the man is to be executed for “having provided shelter

to his brother , who worked for the Americans .” ..

Bad days to come , and short of a full invasion there’s nothing anyone can do .

Even for the evacuation : Boris Johnson begging Biden to not leave yet .

Biden trying to shore up some other NATO nations to step in .

: situation : FUBAR
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

whoseyourdaddy (24-08-21)

5. Default

UK withdrawal :

Camp Bastion - 2014 ( I think )

https://youtu.be/Icd-4O1q2Jo

^^^ what did we leave to the Afghan National Army to help them fight ??

: look at the Afghan soldiers - were they fit to fight at that point ?

No NATO forces would fight without cover ; yet we did that to the Locals .

Wisdom ??

/ none of my info is from Google

It is from memory - as in being well informed over a lifetime - and

now from the approximate 20+ hrs of on-the-ground documentaries

I’ve watched since Kabul’s fall / and some news snippets .

Google is easy

I like to Learn .

6. Default

*how many times was air support called in over three ( ? ) days ? >>>

https://youtu.be/rtC1hVA7pXE

And total Hat’s Off to the ‘reporter’ guy .

The UK cool under pressure way on display

/ what year was this ?

all i can say about this is, stop pretending that you all fuckin care about what happens in Afghanistan or to afghan people, what you are worried about is that they will start blowing shit up again like crazy, so you care only about yourself(western countries) what a hypocrites...
    even if usa and nato stayed there for 100 years nothing would change, don't try to apply your way of thinking to them

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cluelesss View Post
    all i can say about this is, stop pretending that you all fuckin care about what happens in Afghanistan or to afghan people, what you are worried about is that they will start blowing shit up again like crazy, so you care only about yourself(western countries) what a hypocrites...
    even if usa and nato stayed there for 100 years nothing would change, don't try to apply your way of thinking to them
    Don't presume to tell us all what we know or care about, I couldn't disagree with your post more, but there is no disagree button on here.

Reviews

Glad to see some people have educated themselves and now they are experts. Such a great leap forward from the start of this thread!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Everybody seems to be forgetting about 9/11 .

: the Taliban hosted several dozen terrorist training camps in Afghanistan .

They provided safe haven to Bin Laden and his organization : the sole aim of which

organization was to attack and damage the US and the West .

: anybody remember the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Tower ? : We ‘let it go’

without full-on engagement . For them it was dress rehearsal and allowed them to

plan and carry out 9/11 .

That is why we Had to go in : to dismantle the training camps , to try to

eliminate the hostile ‘government’ of the Taliban so that the terrorist organization

would Not have a place to continue plotting and training and ultimately carrying out

further large scale attacks on US , on the West .

In That mission , the 20 year ‘occupation’ Did work .

As to withdrawing our forces : it was always the plan to train and equip the

local forces ; for Them to take over and defend and lead their own country .

: what’s happening Now , is a disgrace :: the seeds of which dt TFG had planted

by signing an unconditional peace treaty with the Taliban (!!) , without including

the Afghan government in the ‘deal’ . :: that’s when the Afghan forces lost heart and

the unraveling of 20 years’ hard won gains started to unravel at extraordinary speed .

: and now the headless evacuation ! A humanitarian crisis that didn’t need to be .

A shame . A stain on our nation .

And we hand back the country to the very same outfit that hosted Bin Laden .

Madness .

In meantime .

: the Taliban say they have changed ..

Yah . Now they issue death warrants before executing :

: they had issued a death warrant to the Brother of a former Interpreter ;

the warrant states : the man is to be executed for “having provided shelter

to his brother , who worked for the Americans .” ..

Bad days to come , and short of a full invasion there’s nothing anyone can do .

Even for the evacuation : Boris Johnson begging Biden to not leave yet .

Biden trying to shore up some other NATO nations to step in .

: situation : FUBAR
    Nobody is forgetting 911. That was the greatest act of infamy (to quote the greatest American president ever) that the world has seen since Pearl Harbor. But then you invaded Iraq!
    Still one of the saddest days in my life. My beautiful American friends. An attack on you was the greatest shock that could ever have happened.
    Last edited by IDF2; 25-08-21 at 03:45.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IDF2 For This Useful Post:

gonzo76 (25-08-21)

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nisshsub View Post
    Like many others , I too feel very bad for the Afghan people especially women and young girls. This may be a very silly question but I will still ask the people here as I am really curious to know the truth - Why even after being trained and given modern weapons for 20 years by the mighty American army - the Afghan army proved out to be absolutely no match against Taliban ? Are the Taliban such a fierce force that nobody can do something substantial against them ?

Also who funded and kept the Taliban war ready for the past 20 years ?

”How did the Taliban pay for the takeover?”

https://news.sky.com/video/share-12389568

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John2571 View Post
    Hi Steph,
    You are a very knowledgeable girl and very good at articulating your views. Fair play to you. Am sure you could hold court with anyone. Love reading your contributions here.
    Thank you very much xx

Really nice to read I am appreciated . Thank you xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast