Page 274 of 541 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 5406

Thread: Premier League: 2021/22

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    You're determined to get everton relegated ryan, lol. Wont it be another 6pts for ye next season and you'd miss the merseyside derby if they were relegated. Just on a sidenote , was any team ever deducted points in the pl.
    Middlesbrough under Bryan Robson in the 90s and they ended up getting relegated. 1997 it was. A really talented team with Juninho, Ravenelli and Emerson etc. I think it was when they failed to fulfill a fixture at the last minute because of food poisoning... something like that. They made the FA Cup final that season and possibly the League Cup final also?
    Last edited by Rockerman; 20-05-22 at 17:29.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Privet (20-05-22), Ryankelvin (20-05-22)

Reviews

Yes they lost both cup finals that season.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Privet (20-05-22), Ryankelvin (20-05-22)

Reviews

Phil foden named young player of the year.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

Privet (21-05-22), Ryankelvin (21-05-22)

Reviews

Without checking the facts Inwouldnthink Foden played less games than most of the others in the running and probably 8-10 games less than some. Seem a strange choice to me.

Kevin de bruyne named pl player of the season. Phil foden named young player of the year.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (21-05-22)

Reviews

Foden won it last season also. They might have rewarded another young player I think.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Privet (21-05-22), Ryankelvin (21-05-22)

Reviews

Congratulations to De Bruyne and Foden , both fantastic players

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Privet (21-05-22), Rockerman (21-05-22)

Reviews

Come 5.45pm matters will be settled across the Premier League with the title, Champions League, Europa League and relegation matters all still down for decision

Race for the title

At the top of it's a relatively straightforward situation - that is, if you can ignore the dreamy narrative notion of ex-Liverpool players Steven Gerrard, Phillipe Coutinho and even Danny Ings pulling one out of the bag for their former side and coming back to haunt Manchester City.

If Liverpool are to be crowned champions, they have to win and hope that City somehow drop points.

A win for the City against Aston Villa means that they will be crowned champions regardless of what happens elsewhere, but if Pep Guardiola's side were to draw or even lose and Liverpool win, then the title goes to Anfield.

City lead by a point at the top of the table so a defeat for them and a draw for Liverpool could conceivably be enough for the Reds but the Sky Blues would have to lose by seven goals for their goal difference advantage to be wiped out.

While we’re delving into the realms of the possible but exceptionally improbable, there remains the chance of a title play-off.

Should Aston Villa beat Manchester City by a 6-0 scoreline and Liverpool and Wolves play out a 5-5 draw, both sides would be level on points, goal difference, goals for and goals against.

The head-to-head record shows two 2-2 draws between the sides meaning that, if the astronomically unlikely sequence of results came to pass, there would be a play-off between City and Liverpool on a neutral ground to decide the league title.

All of which will mean precisely nothing when City storm into a 3-0 lead against Villa inside the first 20 minutes at the Etihad...

Top 4 & Champions League

Two losses in their last two games mean that Arsenal's Champions League chances are resting on the very faint hope that Norwich can bid farewell to the Premier League with a shock victory over Tottenham.

Defeat to Spurs and then Newcastle saw the race for fourth place swing dramatically from Arsenal to Tottenham over the last two weeks and all Antonio Conte’s side realistically need to do now is to avoid defeat against the already relegated Canaries.

With two points between the side and Spurs’ vastly superior goal difference meaning that Arsenal would need a 16-0 win if Tottenham draw, the Gunners' hopes are slim.

Mikel Arteta’s injury depleted side have a much tougher task than their rivals as they welcome a buoyant Everton, fresh from securing their Premier League status, to the Emirates.
    There’s unlikely to be any final day miracle for Arsenal and you wouldn’t bet against Arteta’s former side coming back to haunt him to add an extra note of disappointment to the end of their season

Battle for Sixth

A final day decider to see if Manchester United will be playing in the Europa League or Europa Conference League was probably not what the Old Trafford faithful expected when they signed Cristiano Ronaldo last summer but it’s an accurate reflection of where the Red Devils are right now.

United sit in sixth place, two points ahead of West Ham who must still be thinking of what might have been after their Europa League semi-final defeat to Eintracht Frankfurt.

West Ham go into the game two points behind United albeit with a much stronger goal difference, so should the Red Devils draw and West Ham win, that would be enough to see David Moyes' side finish sixth.

A win against away to Brighton is essential for the Hammers to have any hope of overtaking United, who are away to Crystal Palace.
    Ralf Rangnick will be in situ for what will be the final game of a fairly miserable spell in charge of United and with many players also expected to leave the club at the end of the season, it would be entirely in keeping with the rest of their season if their parting gift to Erik Ten Hag was a Europa Conference League campaign next season.

Relegation scrap

At the bottom of the table it’s also a two-team shootout with Everton’s dramatic 3-2 victory over Crystal Palace meaning that Frank Lampard’s side are safe going into the final day of action.

Burnley’s 1-1 draw with Aston Villa on Thursday night saw them move out of the relegation zone on goal difference with Leeds dropping in there.

Leeds are 20 goals worse off than Burnley and it’s almost inconceivable for that to be overturned, so we’re left with the prospect of Leeds needing to better Burnley’s result if they’re to avoid the drop.

Both teams face tricky encounters with Leeds travelling to a Brentford side who have lost just one of their last six games and Burnley hosting Eddie Howe’s resurgent Newcastle side.
    It’s a very fluid situation that looks likely to change several times over the course of the afternoon and will most likely still be in the mix in the closing stages of Sunday’s games.

Golden Boot: Mo Salah is currently top of the scoring charts (22) by a single goal from Heung-Min Son.

Golden Glove: Alisson and Ederson are currently tied on 20 clean sheets apiece this term.

Final Day Fixtures:

Arsenal vs Everton
    Brentford vs Leeds United
    Brighton vs West Ham
    Burnley vs Newcastle
    Chelsea vs Watford
    Crystal Palace vs Manchester United
    Leicester vs Southampton
    Liverpool vs Wolves
    Man City vs Aston Villa
    Norwich vs Tottenham

Predictions?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BarryD For This Useful Post:

Privet (22-05-22), Rockerman (22-05-22)

Reviews

Well put together Barry! (Coventry City are the "Sky Blues")

City might just end the drama fairly easily and disappoint the hopes for some real tension by getting the early goal they desperately want...it could be 3-0/2-0 City and a bit of a procession for the title, but of course there's that sneaking suspicion that they'll find it difficult to break down a well drilled Aston Villa team (has Gerrard offered bonuses?). It could get tricky for City. Liverpool will win easy today I think... maybe 4-0.

Tottenham will hammer Norwich by 3 or 4 and maybe Son could win the Golden Boot after all.

Ronaldo out for United (I hope he hasn't played his last game for us). I think West Ham have a great chance of clinching 6th place. United will more than likely draw I'll say 1-1 so a West Ham win will see them through.

Leeds can win and Burnley can draw/lose to Newcastle so I don't think Leeds fans should be giving up just yet. I think Burnley will draw 1-1 so it's up to Leeds whether they can find a win. I'm going to say they'll get it 2-1.

I hope it's a boring final day with absolutely no fireworks whatsoever.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

BarryD (22-05-22), Privet (22-05-22)

Reviews

Leeds are going down mate!

I hear bamford might be on the bench, he's there only hope if he comes on in the second half.

Id imagine Norwich, Watford and Leeds or Burnley will get promoted next year anyway so nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post

Leeds can win and Burnley can draw/lose to Newcastle so I don't think Leeds fans should be giving up just yet. I think Burnley will draw 1-1 so it's up to Leeds whether they can find a win. I'm going to say they'll get it 2-1.

I hope it's a boring final day with absolutely no fireworks whatsoever.
    Last edited by robbie9; 22-05-22 at 06:33.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robbie9 For This Useful Post:

Privet (22-05-22), Rockerman (22-05-22)

Reviews

Today is a day when fans cheers for teams they otherwise dislike !

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

robbie9 (22-05-22), Rockerman (22-05-22)