Page 3 of 541 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League: 2021/22

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    This was an unexpected appointment really. I think Vieira will have to hit the ground running as Palace manager. If they are in or anywhere near the relegation places at Christmas or early in the new year he could already be under pressure.
    They have 11/12 players out of contract. Unless they get most of them signed up again they will have a raft of new players coming in plus a new manager, could be a difficult season for them.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rooney2808 For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (06-07-21)

3. Default

I think he will do well at Everton if he's backed by the owners

Reviews

Contract means very little really, gives a bit more stability I guess. Pressure is on him now to win something, Sancho signed and Varane will be announced in next few days. 2 huge signings, he has to win something now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rooney2808 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Just wondering Lads
    Who will win PL
    Who will finish in top 4
    Who will be relegated
    I think Man City will win it again, with or without Kane
    I think it’s between Man Utd or Chelsea for second, I kinda think Utd 2nd , Chelsea 3rd , personally I’m disappointed with LFC spending, if we finish 4th or higher , I think that Klopp would move into a different class as a manager or motivator, massive expectations for Harvey Elliott, I hope he can live up to that
    So I think it’s between LFC , Leicester and Spurs for 4th , and I hope that Liverpool can end up in 4th , but not over confident , and I don’t see Arsenal breaking into top 4 , but they will improve
    Relegation will be interesting, I think the 3 promoted teams will probably go back down , but I would worry for Crystal Palace , I’m not convinced Viera , has what it takes to be successful
    I had contacted The Savannah about deleting my account, she is a very persuasive and intelligent lady, so I will stay to fly LFC flag
    YNWA

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (09-08-21), Paulstevens (09-08-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    Just wondering Lads
    Who will win PL
    Who will finish in top 4
    Who will be relegated
    I think it’s between Man Utd or Chelsea for second, I kinda think Utd 2nd , Chelsea 3rd , personally I’m disappointed with LFC spending, if we finish 4th or higher , I think that Klopp would move into a different class as a manager or motivator, massive expectations for Harvey Elliott, I hope he can live up to that
    So I think it’s between LFC , Leicester and Spurs for 4th , and I hope that Liverpool can end up in 4th , but not over confident , and I don’t see Arsenal breaking into top 4 , but they will improve
    Relegation will be interesting, I think the 3 promoted teams will probably go back down , but I would worry for Crystal Palace , I’m not convinced Viera , has what it takes to be successful
    I had contacted The Savannah about deleting my account, she is a very persuasive and intelligent lady, so I will stay to fly LFC flag
    YNWA
    Ah Jaysus Ryan don't be doin that ! You're opinion on sporting matters is always appreciated here.

Now as for the top 4 ? Christ that's a good question. Money doesn't always buy success or happiness but it definitely helps !

I'll go for 3 blues at the top, Chelsea, City and Leicester.

Fourth spot a dog fight between the 2 Reds.

In all honesty I haven't a clue but I would love to see the foxes getting a CL place this year as they have been pipped at the post 2 years running. I do like the underdog !
    Are we there yet ?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (09-08-21), Ryankelvin (09-08-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    Just wondering Lads
    Who will win PL
    Who will finish in top 4
    Who will be relegated
    YNWA
    Nice to have you back, even if its just for PL
    I would in general agree with you, but as Ketchup said, Burnley and Brighton could be in danger

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulstevens For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (10-08-21)

Don't care who comes 2nd, 3rd or fourth as long as Man Utd are top 🤣🤣

Reviews

Liverpool will definitely finish top 4 and I think will be right up their challenging. They have improved their defence. They have a great midfield Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson are up with the best as a midfield, they need more from the likes of Keita and some younger players to step up. If Mane can rediscover his form, Mane, Jota, Salah and Firmino is a great attack!
    It will be 3 way battle for league between City, Pool and Chelsea I think. United will be up their for most of the season but will fall away towards the end unfortunately.
    Palace will be interesting, not sure how good a manager Viera is. They have made some good signings and if they can bed in quickly they will be fine.
    Not sure who will go down but I think Brighton will be fine, play good football just need to score more.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rooney2808 For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (10-08-21), Ryankelvin (10-08-21)

More hopeful than the last few years, I think an upgrade on Mcfred is needed in midfield and pogba needs to perform consistently - if he stays and looking like he will.
    But Citeh and chelski have strengthed and Liverpool are keeping quiet so it's going to be tough..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluered99 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Two teams that it will be intersting to see how they do this season are everton and southampton. Will rafa get the best out of everton ? Saints started last season very well but then went long spells without winning any game or getting any points. How much will they miss ings.
    I do like Everton, don't know why really - maybe it's just that they've been overshadowed by their Anfield neighbours for so long. I would like to see them doing well this season. Top half finish but doubtful if they'll be playing in Europ next year. They did start good last year so if the fans can get behind Rafa then who knows ?
    As for The Saints ? They are a team never really on my radar but they have had a long run in the top flight. I honestly don't know how they will be without Ings. Like most South coast teams I really don't pay much attention to them .
    Are we there yet ?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (12-08-21), Ryankelvin (13-08-21)