Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teachers Demanding Priority

Reviews

Default Teachers Demanding Priority

My main question on this is why in The Republic do we only ever see the most privileged workers go on strike or threaten to do so?
    I support SNAs and teachers with relevant health conditions getting vaccine queue priority but absolutely no way for the others!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    My main question on this is why in The Republic do we only ever see the most privileged workers go on strike or threaten to do so?
    I support SNAs and teachers with relevant health conditions getting vaccine queue priority but absolutely no way for the others!
    The Government could see this situation developing and changed to the age related protocol which is fairer in my opinion ... How can you have a 'pecking order' between teachers, Gardai, etc etc...., A teacher in a class room with 20 kids is at far lesser risk than a checkout person in Tesco serving 300 customers a day, and handling items that the customer has just handled ... the staff in my local Credit Union wont handle a pen after a customer has used it .. they have a 'disposal' bin for pens ... extreme in my opinion

Reviews

Teachers & SNAs vaccinated yesterday & today in the Aviva Covid-19 center
    https://www.thejournal.ie/teachers-s...02754-Apr2021/

I should be in Dublin. Actual I am a teacher. LOL
    Sensual massage with Thai oil massage elements ★★★★★
    Upcoming tour updated:

Dublin24 & Cork

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jessicabp For This Useful Post:

captainwagger (07-04-21), Stephanie (08-04-21)

Reviews

A bit of a conundrum this one, an age based vaccination system would make sense if the aim is to reduce mortality and ease the pressure on a chronically underfunded health service, it will definitely achieve both of these objectives but it'll do little to stop the spread of the virus in the general population so it's a case of what's best for the greater portion of society.
    Teachers aren't demanding special treatment, the government promised that they would be vaccinated as a priority to get schools open again, to ease the pressure on people locked in their homes, now they are backtracking on that promise and because nobody likes teachers or gardai for that matter they'll not lose any popularity with the move.
    Can you imagine the shit storm if they'd gone age based before the entire HSE got the jab and I mean the ENTIRE HSE, every pen pusher and desk jockey, every cook and bottle washer, employees who have been out the sick for months have been vaccinated. The issue here is as usual the government moving with the wind to try and stay in control and manipulate the narrative that teachers, gardai and other front line staff are looking for something unreasonable.
    There will be no need of strike action threats because within a month a large proportion of teachers will be self isolating and kids will be back home, large numbers of gardai are at home also because they've no option but to get up close and personal in their job.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

captainwagger (07-04-21)

Quote Originally Posted by jessicabp View Post
    I should be in Dublin. Actual I am a teacher. LOL
    Yeah? Hot for teacher! 😉

Reviews

Age based is the fairest way. What's being missed here is that with age as the primary factor older teachers will be vaccinated and for the younger cohort of teaching staff that fear for older parents and grandparents will hopefully be alleviated by those same parents and grandparents being vaccinated.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrCreen View Post
    Age based is the fairest way. What's being missed here is that with age as the primary factor older teachers will be vaccinated and for the younger cohort of teaching staff that fear for older parents and grandparents will hopefully be alleviated by those same parents and grandparents being vaccinated.
    Can't believe I actually agree with you but age related vaccination is the best way forward ... teachers have a permanent 'moan factor' built into their DNA.... every year they bullshit about something ... Tesco/SuperValu/Lidl/Aldi checkout workers dealing with 300 customers a day are at far greater risk than teachers in a class room with 20 students ... Gardai at higher risk also ...

Reviews

What about my first point - how come we live in a country, where only the most privileged workers go or threaten to go on strike?

Reviews

If there's one thing I like bashing more than the bishop, it's teachers!
    "Remove prostitutes from human affairs, and you will unsettle everything because of lusts..."
    St Augustine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast