Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit of a covid problem.

Blog Entries

Default A bit of a covid problem.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but if your in hospital with a virus, then it's safe to say your sick enough to pass it on. According to the hse there are 18 fully vaccinated ppl in hospital with covid. So unless these ppl are just looking for somewhere to stay then it's safe to say they're pretty sick. Htf could that happen? We were told the whole idea of the vaccines are that it prevents ppl from getting very sick. You can only come up with two conclusions here. Firstly the vaccines aren't 100 % effective against delta variant. Secondly the vaccines don't work for everyone.

Westside

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Now correct me if I'm wrong but if your in hospital with a virus, then it's safe to say your sick enough to pass it on. According to the hse there are 18 fully vaccinated ppl in hospital with covid. So unless these ppl are just looking for somewhere to stay then it's safe to say they're pretty sick. Htf could that happen? We were told the whole idea of the vaccines are that it prevents ppl from getting very sick. You can only come up with two conclusions here. Firstly the vaccines aren't 100 % effective against delta variant. Secondly the vaccines don't work for everyone.

Westside
    You are right they not 100% effective but this is publics information i think Pfizer goes up to 94% for delta goes down to 86% or something, non of then ever had 100% effectiveness against covid, other vaccines are slightly worse i think Jensen for this moment is worst.... 78% or something, depends who You believe

Reviews

Westside
    Which is why it's important that everyone who can, should get vaccinated.

You help protect others by helping prevent the spread of the virus. Because for some people the vaccine won't work, and for some others they can't get the vaccine due to other medical issues.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

UnFulfilledScott (22-07-21)

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Which is why it's important that everyone who can, should get vaccinated.

You help protect others by helping prevent the spread of the virus. Because for some people the vaccine won't work, and for some others they can't get the vaccine due to other medical issues.
    Aman to that, very vise Advice, if everyone would think this way less people would suffer, i did went thru that in January and there was a day when i was almost gone and protecting others should be priority as not everyone will be so luckt to pull thru...

Blog Entries

But the whole point of getting the vaccines was preventing ppl from getting serious. How do they explain a fully vaccinated person in hospital with covid?

Westside

But the whole point of getting the vaccines was preventing ppl from getting serious. How do they explain a fully vaccinated person in hospital with covid?

Westside
    They did knew from very beginning it will happen, reason for vaccine was to reduce that to absolute minimum, covid will stay with us for very long time together with other viruses, they want to reduce hospital overload as much is possible, with over 1k cases a day this is still very little amount of people in hospital compare to last year... I think this is working...

Sonic

Reviews

The vaccine isn't 100% effective and some people have weaked immune systems. Some people are infected with a massive dose of virus and some with a lesser dose. Some are infected with more than one variant at the same time and some might be dealing with an underlying condition.
    This is why hygiene, wearing masks and social distancing is so important until we reach herd inmunity. But try to explain that to somebody capable of pulling a knife on you for a fiver.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

The whole points of a seatbelt to stop people from getting injured or killed in car accidents, but it still happens, because there is other factors involved. Nitpicking outliers and exceptions doesn't mean it doesn't work on a whole. This is the kind of moronic arguments people come up with to support their claims because they found one doctor who says something different then the 1000 other doctors.

People with underlying conditions will still, with or without the vaccine, have a higher risk of bad results from the virus, which is why I personally still trying to be careful, because the virus is not gone just because people got vaccinated, they just less likely to die from it and spread it around. It's another of those bad faith comments people come with, saying vaccine was suppose to make you all safe. No one ever claimed that, it's such an childlike mentality.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ShyRedViking For This Useful Post:

gonzo76 (22-07-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    The vaccine isn't 100% effective and some people have weaked immune systems. Some people are infected with a massive dose of virus and some with a lesser dose. Some are infected with more than one variant at the same time and some might be dealing with an underlying condition.
    This is why hygiene, wearing masks and social distancing is so important until we reach herd inmunity. But try to explain that to somebody capable of pulling a knife on you for a fiver.
    Fully agree about vaccine and virus doses...
    May I disagree about immunity. We are living in world full of viruses. Each second on our body we have lots types viruses. Our immune system fights them and it know how to keep us healthy. All that desinfections, distances, masks... We not getting enough viruses, so our immune weakens. After some time we are going die from viruses which is common in our everyday life...
    It sounds brutally but it's circle of life. Strongest surviving...
    There wasn't any case of flu this year.... That's what I'm worrying.
    Take me to the moon babe...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ShyRedViking View Post
    The whole points of a seatbelt to stop people from getting injured or killed in car accidents, but it still happens, because there is other factors involved. Nitpicking outliers and exceptions doesn't mean it doesn't work on a whole. This is the kind of moronic arguments people come up with to support their claims because they found one doctor who says something different then the 1000 other doctors.

People with underlying conditions will still, with or without the vaccine, have a higher risk of bad results from the virus, which is why I personally still trying to be careful, because the virus is not gone just because people got vaccinated, they just less likely to die from it and spread it around. It's another of those bad faith comments people come with, saying vaccine was suppose to make you all safe. No one ever claimed that, it's such an childlike mentality.
    Was going to use the seatbelt analogy but you beat me to it.

A crash at 100mph, seatbelt isn't going to help much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast