Thread: These motor bicycles, tea trays erc.

Blog Entries

Default These motor bicycles, tea trays erc.

Anyone else think these ppl who drive bicycles with an electric motor attached or electric scooters as in tea trays should be insured? These are motorbikes ffs.

Westside

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

joggon (19-03-21)

I have two electric bikes.One is a ktm,no insurance as its not necessary.The other is a stealth electric bicycle and it too has no insurance as its not necessary.I also have a racing cart,no insurance as they cant catch me to check whether i do have insurance.
    Last edited by Pan808; 19-03-21 at 21:44.
    Civility costs you nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pan808 View Post
    I have two electric bikes.One is a ktm,no insurance as its not necessary.The other is a stealth electric bicycle and it too has no insurance as its not necessary.I also have a racing cart,no insurance as they cant catch me to check whether i do have insurance.
    It's mainly deliveroo. I drive motorbikes, have to tax and insure. These drivers have all sorts of shit attached to their bikes. They are not bycycles. More like motorbikes.

Westside

Reviews

Everything that 'moves' on a public road should be taxed and insured... cars, motor bikes, cyclists, electric scooters, push along scooters, even pedestrians.. pedestrians who choose to walk or jog on public roads should be liable to a road usage tax.... a monthly fee based on kilometres 'run or walked' could be charged.. pedestrians availing of the scheme would be required to wear a ''P'' on their backs similiar to the L and N current displayed by drivers on their cars ... a pedometer (similiar to the tachometer on HGV's) would calculate the distance travelled and relevant charges would apply ....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CANALI For This Useful Post:

joggon (19-03-21)

What is the average insurance cost in the republic.I pay around 80 quid a year in the north and 210 in the Netherlands and both are tax exempt.
    Civility costs you nothing.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Anyone else think these ppl who drive bicycles with an electric motor attached or electric scooters as in tea trays should be insured? These are motorbikes ffs.

Westside
    Twinkle,twinkle,little bat!

How I wonder what you're at!

Up above the world you fly,

Like a teatray in the sky.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by peru View Post
    Twinkle,twinkle,little bat!

How I wonder what you're at!

Up above the world you fly,

Like a teatray in the sky.
    Oh Christ No ! Please don't ever mention bats cos next thing someone mentions the "C" word and we're off again !
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CANALI View Post
    Everything that 'moves' on a public road should be taxed and insured... cars, motor bikes, cyclists, electric scooters, push along scooters, even pedestrians.. pedestrians who choose to walk or jog on public roads should be liable to a road usage tax.... a monthly fee based on kilometres 'run or walked' could be charged.. pedestrians availing of the scheme would be required to wear a ''P'' on their backs similiar to the L and N current displayed by drivers on their cars ... a pedometer (similiar to the tachometer on HGV's) would calculate the distance travelled and relevant charges would apply ....
    Not mentioning the speed some of these new contraptions go at.

Westside