Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Election Section

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CANALI View Post
    Is it amusing to think that approx half of the voters in the US love Donald Trump... that's millions and millions of people... and he directly affects their lives.... and on this side of the world people are very much anti Trump and he has little affect on our lives whatsoever.... unless he starts a World War... oh no! that was the Bush guys... both of them..... how about a survey; 5 reasons why Trump shouldn't be President; excluding 5 reasons why Trump is not a nice guy....lets park his questionable 'personality' and question the good and bad about his Presidency..... in my opinion most people on this side of the world have no idea what he did or didn't do as President... It fashionable to 'hate' Trump while having absolutely no idea about American life or politics.... we don't like the guy so he shouldn't be President....'done deal' .... In comparison, I never liked Roy Keane but he was a brilliant captain for the Irish team.... a lot of people didn't like Michael O'Leary, he came across as arrogant, but turned the airline industry upsidedown....If Donald doesn't make it I'll be very sad and probably self isolate from this site for the next six months...
    Good Biden
    Last edited by Onelastgo; 04-11-20 at 22:43.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Onelastgo For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (04-11-20)

Reviews

Is it amusing to think that approx half of the voters in the US love Donald Trump... that's millions and millions of people... and he directly affects their lives.... and on this side of the world people are very much anti Trump and he has little affect on our lives whatsoever.... unless he starts a World War... oh no! that was the Bush guys... both of them..... how about a survey; 5 reasons why Trump shouldn't be President; excluding 5 reasons why Trump is not a nice guy....lets park his questionable 'personality' and question the good and bad about his Presidency..... in my opinion most people on this side of the world have no idea what he did or didn't do as President... It fashionable to 'hate' Trump while having absolutely no idea about American life or politics.... we don't like the guy so he shouldn't be President....'done deal' .... In comparison, I never liked Roy Keane but he was a brilliant captain for the Irish team.... a lot of people didn't like Michael O'Leary, he came across as arrogant, but turned the airline industry upsidedown....If Donald doesn't make it I'll be very sad and probably self isolate from this site for the next six months...
    What can I say ?

COME ON JOE BIDEN !!
    Are we there yet ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Onelastgo (04-11-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Onelastgo View Post
    Good Biden
    Good Biden - Goodbye then ! Very good !
    Are we there yet ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Onelastgo (04-11-20)

Reviews

Good Biden
    The Trump 'haters' just do it because they think it's politically correct to do it... in actual fact whoever sits in the White House for the next 4 or 40 years will have little affect on your/our daily lives whatsoever... unless they start a world nuclear war... with Trump in the 'house' I think we're safe enough there...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    What can I say ?

COME ON JOE BIDEN !!
    What you're saying is you don't like the guy so he shouldn't be President....

Reviews

The Trump 'haters' just do it because they think it's politically correct to do it... in actual fact whoever sits in the White House for the next 4 or 40 years will have little affect on your/our daily lives whatsoever... unless they start a world nuclear war... with Trump in the 'house' I think we're safe enough there...
    Or maybe if a freshly re-elected Trump offers the UK some sweetheart trade deal to bolster their confidence as they exit the EU and potentially jeopardise the good Friday agreement, don’t tell me that won’t affect this country and all our lives in some way
    Last edited by Onelastgo; 04-11-20 at 23:29.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onelastgo For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (05-11-20), ShyRedViking (06-11-20)

Reviews

All Biden needs now is Arizona, 264 in the bag
    The 6 votes will put him over the line
    If he gets them
    It’s a matter of time now

Reviews

Or maybe if a freshly re-elected Trump offers the UK some sweetheart trade deal to bolster their confidence as they exit the EU and potentially jeopardise the good Friday agreement, don’t tell me that won’t affect this country and all our lives in some way
    I have no idea what you do for a living, but there is a good chance that 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 4 years from now, your life will be exactly as is .. unaffected by whoever sits in the White House.. if you're the CEO of a major worldwide company then you might have issues but if you're a normal Joe Bloggs just going to work in the morning. rest assured. the guy in the White House won't really come into play in your life...

I have no idea what you do for a living, but there is a good chance that 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 4 years from now, your life will be exactly as is .. unaffected by whoever sits in the White House.. if you're the CEO of a major worldwide company then you might have issues but if you're a normal Joe Bloggs just going to work in the morning. rest assured. the guy in the White House won't really come into play in your life...
    Or shouldn’t. There’s the crux of the matter. Donnie makes everything about him, or should that be Him? His whole modus operandi is getting under the skin of people. It is virtually impossible to ignore or not notice him. So, if you think people are wrong to dislike him, just remember who brought that opprobrium on him, himself.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrumhalf9 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (05-11-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumhalf9 View Post
    Or shouldn’t. There’s the crux of the matter. Donnie makes everything about him, or should that be Him? His whole modus operandi is getting under the skin of people. It is virtually impossible to ignore or not notice him. So, if you think people are wrong to dislike him, just remember who brought that opprobrium on him, himself.
    There are two 'dislikes' for Donald Trump... people who have defined a reason to dislike him and people who dislike him because it's fashionable to dislike him... (your friend doesn't like him so you better agree ..to 'fit in').... it's like the Bob Dylan phenomenom of the early 70's. For those of you old enough to remember, in the early 70's it was 'cool' to like Bob Dylan... we all did it to fit in with our peers... truth was most of us couldn't stand the guy... but we pretended to love him, bought his records (because your mate bought one) and made him famous....same thing with Trump... hate the guy because it's 'expected' of you... anyway to finish the argument.. Trump or Biden in the White House will have actually zero affect on my daily life or finances.... same for you guys... tomorrow, next week. next month, next year... whoever is in the White House will be of little interest to you.... especially when we're in the 3/4/5 series of Covid -19 lockdowns...

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast