Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting into Dublin

Reviews

Default Getting into Dublin

I need to visit a friend in Dublin the weekend for certain important reason, I'm living in limerick, what are restrictions in driving into and out of the county now? Is it easy to get in and out and if difficult what's best excuse to get me in

Reviews

So far I've seen none. Since this "lockdown" I've been in Wicklow getting the car fixed and Kildare village collecting stuff. Didn't see one Garda car

Reviews

If stopped by the Gardai - you are going to the
    - Airport to catch a flight
    or
    - Ferryport to catch a sailing / boat to the UK
    (just make a note of the flights /sailings)

You are unlikely to be stopped - Few check points in operation - There were check points when the Dublin restrictions first started
    Last edited by bigmango; 24-09-20 at 11:32.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigmango For This Useful Post:

SteveB (24-09-20), TonyB (25-09-20)

Reviews

You'll need to make contact with the anti mask movement, they will arrange to smuggle you up to the capitol in a clandestine manner. They will however require you to provide them with several cryptic passwords before supplying you with false papers upon your arrival in the city. speak to no one when you get there and if you are captured, you must..... I have to go now, there at the door

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pigsmickey For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (24-09-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    You'll need to make contact with the anti mask movement, they will arrange to smuggle you up to the capitol in a clandestine manner. They will however require you to provide them with several cryptic passwords before supplying you with false papers upon your arrival in the city. speak to no one when you get there and if you are captured, you must..... I have to go now, there at the door
    It's the GRAMMAR POLICE!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

pigsmickey (24-09-20)

Reviews

I have driven all over. Never been stopped. Perhaps just been lucky.
    Not hard to have an excuse.

Reviews

Drove there twice on monday. Was through D2,4,6,8,12& 24. Not one checkpoint.
    There should at least be some form of signs or marking on the road informing people when they are entering high risk areas but nothing that I saw.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    You are watching too many reruns of hello hello and Sally O’Brien and the way she might look at you

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldfool For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (26-09-20), Wolverine (25-09-20)

Reviews

Stopped on the N11 yesterday at Loughlinstown going towards the City.Legit purpose so ok to proceed

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bigmango View Post
    If stopped by the Gardai - you are going to the
    - Airport to catch a flight
    or
    - Ferryport to catch a sailing / boat to the UK
    (just make a note of the flights /sailings)

You are unlikely to be stopped - Few check points in operation - There were check points when the Dublin restrictions first started
    Going to Dublin Ferryport to catch a sailing to the UK is probably your best excuse as you have to go near or thru the city center to get there. Stay safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast