Thread: Pubic Hair

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Pubic Hair

It's probably been the best part of a decade since I posted a thread on here but here goes.

Perhaps I am an old codger, a curmudgeon, the remnants of a bygone era but I find this current trend of baldy, hairless, depilated, pre-pubescent look is not one I am a fan of.
    In fact, I find it disconcerting to meet a woman who looks like a girl when naked.
    I can hear the baying mob now - but it's more hygienic, it's neater, makes me feel better ...................
    Playing devil's advocate here - I think that mother nature is far more knowledgeable than any of us & she deems the demon hair to be an integral part of the male & female construct still. Biologists would argue that it is a source of heat & a means of soaking up sweat, mother nature knows what she is doing.

So I ask, why is there an implied requirement on all ladies below a certain age to remove all body hair ? Is it a trend ? A fad that will pass in time ?
    Or perhaps it is as I suspect, a neoliberal construct, devised to be internalised by ladies specifically (lads also, more on that later) & all with one end goal - to sell products & make people feel less than accepatble, as having people with a constant feeling of being insufficient makes for a continual stream of consumption.

I played football as a younger me & can remember always chucking deodorant & shower gel / shampoo in my gear bag when off to training / matches. I spoke to an old friend recently, who manages a team now & relayed a tale of modern lads appearing with a second bag, specifically for products. He told of competition for mirror time after showering & abundant products for the shower, the hair .....
    I was & am very hygienic, I pride myself on being presentable & clean but never required the 2nd bag. Again, I argue that the consumption / product culture has been internalised by these lads (who I understand remove untrendy hair now also).
    It is all a brilliant ruse by industry. Get people to feel that they are never enough, get them to adopt habits that require continual / sustainable consumption & then the real kicker, get them to police each other & themselves, to make sure that they adhere to some unwritten code of conduct - ie. hair is ugly.

For a woman to openly allow nature to infest her being with hair is a brave decision, she must be prepared to stand out from the herd & take the implied judgement.
    Punters have bought into this culture also, I bet there are replies from males expressing a preference for the bald look.

Ok, glad I got that off my chest.
    In conclusion - mother nature knows best, when are we going to stop f..king with her ?
    "I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there."
    Oscar Wilde

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheNads For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (02-09-20)