Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you be put off if you saw the guardi

Default Would you be put off if you saw the guardi

I've baled on 2 appointments in the last few weeks because I've seen the guards close by.

The first time, a van was pulled in across the road from the address. I drove by, and just kept going. Rang the person I was to meet, and explained why I was cancelling. I'm almost certain that it was just coincidence that time. It's a handy spot to pull in, and there was just one guard inside doing what looked like paper work, but I wasn't going to tempt fate.

The second time was a little while ago. I had done a drive by and gone and parked a couple of minutes walk away. When I was nearing the little side street I was headed for, a squad car passed me, and turned down it, so I kept walking. There was no reason that I can think of for them to go down that street unless they were watching something. This one felt a bit more real. It was pretty much on the hour, a likely time for an appointment to be ending by my reckoning. Again, I rang and explained why I was baling.

I'd always assumed that if they were keeping an eye on a place, that they'd be more subtle about it. Would this make ye nervous? Has anyone here noticed more activity recently? Kind of feels like I dodge a bullet with that last one.
    Last edited by Jont82; 28-08-20 at 22:19.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jont82 View Post
    I had done a drive by
    no wonder they were looking for u!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

RebelSub87 (01-09-20)

Yet another thread with a negative slant, seems to be the norm around here lately, are positive topics that scarce?, time for Netflix I think

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dpflynn3 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (29-08-20), funboy71 (29-08-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Forceuser View Post
    no wonder they were looking for u!! :ee
    I'm sure that was entirely unrelated. I changed my shirt and everything

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jont82 For This Useful Post:

Forceuser (28-08-20), RebelSub87 (01-09-20)

Reviews

You're paranoid. If they were surveying they'd be in unmarked vehicles and plain clothes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (28-08-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Dpflynn3 View Post
    Yet another thread with a negative slant, seems to be the norm around here lately, are positive topics that scarce?, time for Netflix I think
    It's a genuine question. I'm sorry that the world isn't always roses and sunshine. Shit can go wrong sometimes, and it's best to try to avoid it.

I saw a couple of butterflies earlier in the day if that's any good to you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jont82 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jont82 View Post
    I saw a couple of butterflies earlier in the day if that's any good to you
    were they fucking?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

IAmBecomeDerp (28-08-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    You're paranoid. If they were surveying they'd be in unmarked vehicles and plain clothes.
    That was pretty much what I'm asking here. I'd like to think that I'm being paranoid, for the exact reason that you stated. Still, no harm being cautious

Quote Originally Posted by Forceuser View Post
    were they fucking?
    No, but they gave me "the look"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jont82 For This Useful Post:

Forceuser (28-08-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post

Yes.

Yes yes.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast