Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: If you could 100% get away with something, what would you do?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    What do they actually do when they are checking the engine? Do they have to lift the car up on those things and remove the engine? I mean how is he able to check your timing belt?

Edit: its a cheap car. Not a mercedes or BMW.
    You check timing belt by years usually 5 or miles, usually marked on it but BMW usually have a chain, they get to be noisy buggers after a while
    Last edited by knibbs; 13-04-20 at 10:57.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knibbs For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (13-04-20), Meursault (13-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post
    Chains are better . If your car is 14 years old I think you've done quite well. It must be a Japanese car.
    If it's a toyota and you have taken care of oil changes on time, the timing chain will likely outlive the car.
    Last edited by philipkntz; 13-04-20 at 11:23. Reason: off topic post
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

Meursault (13-04-20), Mrbean76 (13-04-20)

Chains are better . If your car is 14 years old I think you've done quite well. It must be a Japanese car.
    Yes a toyota. How did you know?
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (13-04-20), Mrbean76 (13-04-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg30 View Post
    I’d fly to China, find the guy who ate that bat and kick him right in the nuts
    But didnt the virus jump from a bat to a pangolin to a human?
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Reviews

getting them insured now is a big problem though in ROI, sometimes the extra charge is more than car is worth

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by seriousguy View Post
    getting them insured now is a big problem though in ROI, sometimes the extra charge is more than car is worth
    Thats a load of rubbish, I currently drive a '98 and the insurance loading is only €100, could easily sell the car for 10 times that. I could get classic insurance for less than€300 but would have to limit mileage to 5000 a year.
    And left.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    Thats a load of rubbish, I currently drive a '98 and the insurance loading is only €100, could easily sell the car for 10 times that. I could get classic insurance for less than€300 but would have to limit mileage to 5000 a year.
    what car have you as most 98 cars you couldn't give them away now in the south, most going to the weighing bridge before this and my friend has a 99 yaris 1.0 litre in good nick and looking 300 for it and could not give it away, no one wants old cars now and mostly because of the following
    Any car over ten year and a lot of insurance companies not quoting at all and those that are have increased the premium
    you probably are the owner of that car as many years or got a decent company but its when you go to change that car to another say over ten year old you may find it to be different story
    Last edited by seriousguy; 13-04-20 at 11:53.

Reviews

what car have you as most 1998 cars you couldn't give them away now in the south, most going to the weighing bridge before this and my friend has a 1998/99 yaris 1.0 litre in good nick and looking 300 for it and could not give it away, no one wants old cars now and mostly because of the following
    Any car over ten year and a lot of insurance companies not quoting at all and those that are have increased the premium
    you probably are the owner of that car as many years or got a decent company but its when you go to change that car to another say over ten year old you may find it to be different story
    So according to you most older cars are worth fuck all? It depends on the car doesnt it?

Reviews

what car have you as most 98 cars you couldn't give them away now in the south, most going to the weighing bridge before this and my friend has a 99 yaris 1.0 litre in good nick and looking 300 for it and could not give it away, no one wants old cars now and mostly because of the following
    I've a good insurance broker and that costs me their commission of I think an extra €60 a year, but they earn their money. I can buy an old reliable pre loved car, and it doesn't lose value. As a few of the ladies here will testify I am very good with my hands. I understand older cars and do most repairs and maintenance myself. That saves a few euro for punting.
    And left.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    Yes a toyota. How did you know?
    Japanese cars are generally the best.
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (13-04-20)

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast