Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could 100% get away with something, what would you do?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bmw528 View Post
    I dont think I ever wished you dead sir. If your reffering to my comments regarding the brakes failing on the Nissan, I meant that it would maybe frighten the shite out of you if they failed.
    I'll take your word for it , this time.
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (12-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post
    One is expensive , I bought a new car in February, a hybrid, that's cheap to tax. I know a great time to buy a car!!
    Yea, A couple of friends of mine, not that I ve many as you may have gathered, have ordered new cars and last week both cancelled the orders. Not good for the motor trade.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (12-04-20)

Reviews

Yea, A couple of friends of mine, not that I ve many as you may have gathered, have ordered new cars and last week both cancelled the orders. Not good for the motor trade.
    I'd say most of your friends are dead at this stage, that's a sad fact of life when you're in your nineties .

I wouldn't have bought another car if I had known this was coming but thankfully I didn't have to borrow money from a bank. I always remember this good advice from a financial expert " never borrow money for a depreciating asset" .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (12-04-20)

Reviews

I'd say most of your friends are dead at this stage, that's a sad fact of life when you're in your nineties .

I wouldn't have bought another car if I had known this was coming but thankfully I didn't have to borrow money from a bank. I always remember this good advice from a financial expert " never borrow money for a depreciating asset" .
    I dont know if I would agree with that expert as when people buy cars and items like that they arent expecting it to appreciate.. Theres the other saying, that you only live once.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (12-04-20)

First thing i am doing when this lockdown/crisis is over is buying a new car.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (12-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    Well ye better put a bit of tax on it when ye get it so.

Reviews

I dont know if I would agree with that expert as when people buy cars and items like that they arent expecting it to appreciate.. Theres the other saying, that you only live once.
    It's very true that you only live once, I'm very aware of that. I'd love to chat with you all day Beemer , especially as you're trying extra hard to be nice but I'm going for a swim in the sea. Please don't say that you hope I drown or end up on the Welsh coast in a few days time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (12-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    There will be plenty of nearly new cars going cheap when all this is over!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (12-04-20), Meursault (12-04-20)

Reviews

It's very true that you only live once, I'm very aware of that. I'd love to chat with you all day Beemer , especially as you're trying extra hard to be nice but I'm going for a swim in the sea. Please don't say that you hope I drown or end up on the Welsh coast in a few days time.
    Well ye might end up somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle so.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (12-04-20)

There will be plenty of nearly new cars going cheap when all this is over!!
    Yea someone said that to me alight. Is that because people are less likely to spend because of the crisis or that they dont have the money because of the crisis?

I am assuming the demand goes down and hence the dealerships have to offer the cars at a lower price to entice people.

I recall as well during the 2008 crisis you could get your car serviced for 100 euro. Now it is two hundred euro. Imagine it will go down again.
    Last edited by Meursault; 12-04-20 at 13:11.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (12-04-20), Mrbean76 (12-04-20)

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast