Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's so frustrating

Reviews

Default It's so frustrating

Theres so many jobs to do at home and so much time to do them. But the shops are closed, it's near impossible to get supplies.
    Theres an agricultural supplier near me, they have a large hardware section, they are open with a skeleton staff, selling stuff by phone and collect at door. But they are only selling what they consider essential items. They refuse to sell paint and decorating materials, garden equipment and supplies, and plumbing and building materials. I successfully argued to get a tub of fire cement saying stove was leaking carbon monoxide.
    I have ground dug but can't get seed potatoes. Walls prepped but cannot buy quality paint. Long grass but lawnmower needs a new blade. Car needs a service but motorfactors are closed.
    What's a guy to do all day?
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    Theres so many jobs to do at home and so much time to do them. But the shops are closed, it's near impossible to get supplies.
    Theres an agricultural supplier near me, they have a large hardware section, they are open with a skeleton staff, selling stuff by phone and collect at door. But they are only selling what they consider essential items. They refuse to sell paint and decorating materials, garden equipment and supplies, and plumbing and building materials. I successfully argued to get a tub of fire cement saying stove was leaking carbon monoxide.
    I have ground dug but can't get seed potatoes. Walls prepped but cannot buy quality paint. Long grass but lawnmower needs a new blade. Car needs a service but motorfactors are closed.
    What's a guy to do all day?
    spend all day posting threads complaining , definitely a plan
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (08-04-20)

I completely agree I have chosen to take the opportunity to catch up on decorating whilst deep cleaning the house but unfortunately like yourself I can't get supplies so having to order online and wait weeks for the orders to arrive 💋

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistressMonique For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (08-04-20), philipkntz (08-04-20)

Reviews

Yep. Have ordered some stuff online myself. Car and lawnmower parts, but express post and normal post appear the same these days, guess it's all on the slow boat with planes not flying as often. Going to order some seed potato today. Dont think paint in the post would be a good idea though.

Reviews

Everything is essential, in the long term. Houses cannot be allowed to fall into disrepair, vehicles need to be maintained, etc. Some Tesco stores and some Lidl have paint. Some B&Q stores and the like are open but I made a journey to one to find it had shut because the queues had become to long and they had shut.

It is frustrating!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (08-04-20), philipkntz (08-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Josephine View Post
    I have grown great spuds from ones I bought to eat.
    Let them sprout then Bury them.
    Potatoes are one of the easiest things to grow.
    Kitchen potatoes do for one year.
    Growing them next season shows up any weakness in the strain.
    Best thing in the world sitting down to a plate of fresh home grown tatties.
    Going to try some but most shop bought potatoes are hormone treated at this time of year to reduce budding and will produce weak plants.
    (thanks for the pm much appreciated, was thinking of approaching local farmer)
    And left.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Everything is essential, in the long term. Houses cannot be allowed to fall into disrepair, vehicles need to be maintained, etc. Some Tesco stores and some Lidl have paint. Some B&Q stores and the like are open but I made a journey to one to find it had shut because the queues had become to long and they had shut.

It is frustrating!
    Thanks Steve but I don't paint often but not going to but any old paint, I have learned to only paint with top quality paint and have come to trust certain brands that cover better and lasts much longer. Don't know much about B&Q, but thats a long drive for me.
    And left.

B and q orders are ready for collection after 24 hours of ordering if in stock . You have to wait for their email though to say it's ready . Got some bits there last week for the garden.
    Last edited by SophieX; 08-04-20 at 08:45. Reason: :)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SophieX For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (08-04-20), philipkntz (08-04-20), RayDonovan (09-04-20)

Reviews

I've decided to try make my own wholemeal bread, it would really cut down on the number of my shopping trips. I purchased the ingredients as part of my panic buying.
    Have been looking at recopies online and they all seem to include a lot of sugar and salt.
    Anyone got any recipes or advice they are willing to share.
    My favourite brown bread is the McCambridge stuff so that is the type of recipe I desire.
    Last edited by philipkntz; 08-04-20 at 08:54.
    And left.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    B and q orders are ready for collection after 24 hours of ordering if in stock . You have to wait for their email though to say it's ready . Got some bits there last week for the garden.
    I was looking up B&Q myself Sophie and that's how they appear to be operating alright. I was looking a bulk delivery but they're not doing them at present and it's too far away and too expensive to buy the smaller bags.

Besides I would need a trailer and several trips so that's a no no.
    Are we there yet ?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

philipkntz (08-04-20)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast