Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lisbon 2

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Bottom line

Quote Originally Posted by mij6969 View Post
    I agree with Wineher. Last time I voted NO - this time it will be a yes. The last referendum was held on the basis that the electorate were too stupid to understand but trust us politicians because we are clever and if you don't vote Yes the bogeyman will get you. So they were taught their lesson and had the suffer a year of embarassment in front of their euro counterparts.
    This time around we understand the issues - they have been debated and guarantees will be in place to cover any ambigituities. This time around the referendum is about protecting our future in Europe by being in the mainstream but holding our position on neutrality, taxation etc.
    I would never tell someone else how to vote - that is their choice and I believe that politicians should give their opinions but not tell others what to do. So, Politicians, if you want a YES vote, butt out and keep your posters in the shed and let people make their own choice.
    The bottom line here is we need Europe,Europe dosent need us ,it would have no effect on the
    economic,social or military stability of europe if we were cast adrift.Basically we are like a
    pimple on the arse of Europe and we wouldnt want to get too arrogant or somebody might
    just squeeze us

Reviews

Bottom line is........if the present government is still in office come referendum day my vote will be a no vote.

If this shower have'nt got the message yet, it's up to the people to keep repeating it.

But heah, rumour has is that Lisbon 3 will be by far the best.

Reviews

Personally I will be voting NO again not because the Govt are a shower of dicks but because the way Europe is heading.

Lisbon is the same EU constitution in a disguise that what was voted NO by the French and Dutch voters.

We are the only country to have the vote on Lisbon. If other nations had it how many other countries would vote NO. ?

Why not put such fundemintial changes to vote by all EU citizens ?

Because the Eurocrats don't want the ordinary citizen to vote.

We joined the EEC in 1973 then it was a collection of countries with one goal economic cooperation.

Over the years it went to the EC and now the EU that wants a Pan Europe army and is now making 70% of all new laws across European states.

Were we or anyone in Europe asked on our opinion of these major changes. NO.

Don't be scare mongered by FF and it's lackies if we vote NO

We will not be kicked out of the EU, all that will happen is that Lisbon will become a treaty that can't be ratified and it may force our political masters to consult the peoples of Europe before the next Lisbon replacement.

Blog Entries

Default And you would trust them?

Quote Originally Posted by mij6969 View Post
    guarantees will be in place to cover any ambigituities. This time around the referendum is about protecting our future in Europe by being in the mainstream but holding our position on neutrality, taxation etc.
    I dont.The gov lied in the budget,stuck their fingers up at the survivors of abuse at the hands of the religous orders,forced a new referendum of the ppl when they already said nope.How can these ppl possibly be trusted with holding our position on neutrality, taxation etc?

The very fact that we are a so called nuetral country is laughable in itself.The Irish gov allowed US warplanes to fuel at Shannon en route to war in Iraq.this in itself proves how serious our gov is on that basis.

I dont trust any politicians
    Westside.

Oh ffs, do we really have 2 go through all dat lisbon rigmarole AGAIN!!!!! only seemd like yesterday we voted for it, fuck sake we should have all jus voted yes, now where gona have 2 go thru all dat bullshit AGAIN!! Can we all jus please vote yes this time around or we'll be still be voting for lisbon XXIV in 10years time...pretty please ffs!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12