Page 51 of 142 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown

Reviews

Friend of mine is a house painter. He is partway through a renovation job that he started before lockdown. The family had moved out of the house while he worked so he can work in the house alone. Now he can't get supplies to finish the job.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    I can't buy paint here.
    They have basically tape off the paint and other stuff like that as non essentials.

Reall want to paint my whole apartment
    We’ve now decided to be flexible with the regulations and sell anything and everything in the store and have implemented a queuing system that can take an hour to navigate, there is never anymore than 10-15 customers on the shop floor at any one time and people are quite happy to wait as long as they get what they want, paint, garden supplies etc, a completely different atmosphere from last week

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    Friend of mine is a house painter. He is partway through a renovation job that he started before lockdown. The family had moved out of the house while he worked so he can work in the house alone. Now he can't get supplies to finish the job.
    There will be no paint left in the country soon as all importing and supply has ceased

Reviews

This from the BBC. Tells us little perhaps we did not know but perhaps a little (only a little ) more concise and to the point than some other reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51979654

"many will die whether or not they get the virus"

"Every year, about 600,000 people in the UK die. And the frail and elderly are most at risk, just as they are if they have coronavirus.
    Nearly 10% of people aged over 80 will die in the next year, [] and the risk of them dying if infected with coronavirus is almost exactly the same"

"Many people who die of Covid [the disease caused by coronavirus] would have died anyway within a short period."
    Knowing exactly how many is impossible to tell at this stage.
    Prof Neil Ferguson, the lead modeller at Imperial College London, has suggested it could be up to two-thirds.
    But while deaths without the virus would be spread over the course of a year, those with the virus could come quickly and overwhelm the health service"

Reviews

With a vaccine at least a year away, at some stage the lockdown will need to be eased and we will just have to take the hit...

After all the paint will not last forever............
    Last edited by SteveB; 14-04-20 at 18:51.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    This from the BBC. Tells us little perhaps we did not know but perhaps a little (only a little ) more concise and to the point than some other reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51979654

"many will die whether or not they get the virus"

"Every year, about 600,000 people in the UK die. And the frail and elderly are most at risk, just as they are if they have coronavirus.
    Nearly 10% of people aged over 80 will die in the next year, [] and the risk of them dying if infected with coronavirus is almost exactly the same"

"Many people who die of Covid [the disease caused by coronavirus] would have died anyway within a short period."
    Knowing exactly how many is impossible to tell at this stage.
    Prof Neil Ferguson, the lead modeller at Imperial College London, has suggested it could be up to two-thirds.
    But while deaths without the virus would be spread over the course of a year, those with the virus could come quickly and overwhelm the health service"
    Had a conversation similar to this earlier today, that the figure for deaths over the year will be relatively unchanged. Certainly they figure over 5 years will show little difference. But it is nevertheless frightening where undertakers cannot cope with the "rush".
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

Reviews

Reviews

We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (15-04-20), Meursault (15-04-20), The Libertarian (15-04-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post
    Wouldn't Britain by vastly better off under him now than it is!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    Wouldn't Britain by vastly better off under him now than it is!
    That's impossible to answer but I do agree with his sentiments in this particular video.
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

Page 51 of 142 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast