Thread: Did you ever Faint before?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Sure did!

Just fainted when i seen your prices!

Blog Entries

I fainted the other night with Luther

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    I too fainted many years ago after I got an injection. It was also in the arm, just like with Dolly.

From then on, I decided to take it in the ass......I'm surprised you did'nt profer your ass Dolly.

If you get sick in Ireland, it wont cost you as much as in NYC, but you will have to spend a day or two in A&E waiting to be seen.
    Was it also a steroid injection? She did not give me a choice. She was already being very rude and aggressive, so I was a bit afraid of her anyway. If I knew I could get it in the bum I may have made that choice. Do you think because it was in the upper arm, its closer to the brain, that's why I fainted?

Quote Originally Posted by Ad Staff View Post
    Same experience, collapsed few times cos of low sugar level hate when it happens... Hope you will fell better Dolly, miss ya ..............kisses Nicole
    Be careful then, cause it could be an ongoing thing, like my migraines, where you have to everyday do what you can to keep it from happening. How about trying a cup of rooibos tea a few times a day with 2 teaspoons of honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Jeez Dolly.

I thought the Irish Health Care system was bad.

Only fainted once after a massive sunburn session in the Canaries, must of been sunstroke or something
    I think a few things make up a good health care system:

1. Affordable healthcare
    2. A respect for holistic/natural remedies
    3. Knowledge and experience with all most modern medicinal and surgical procedures.
    4. Kind/caring/ understanding doctors and nurses.
    5. Patience of the staff to take time to explain the problem, the solution, calm worries, ect.

If you fainted from the sun, I think that is heat exhaustion. Better only be in the sun for up to 4 hours maximum to avoid fainting again.

Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post
    yeah i fainted once - in middle of a bout of food poisoning - in the loo mid throwing up and a dose of the runs- came too lying in a pool of my own vomit on the bathroom floor - had no idea what had happened - must have been only for a matter of seconds (puke was still warm)

got a black eye too - must have hit something on the way down - looking back on it i was probably lucky i didnt do more damage.

nothing like it before or since - didnt go to doctor - no reason - what the hell do they know anyway - fine the following day
    Wow that is so horrible! You are lucky you didnt hurt yourself worse. I agree tho, doctor made me only worse. You probably know more about why you were sick and what damage was done then the doctor would. We always know ourselves best I think

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    These migraines sound bad! I used to have them when I was a kid, but I'm told you eventually grow out of them. I used to be on big white chalky tablets with a gigantic name - somethingazine - which basically render you unconscious for 24 hours. Maybe you need to get a stronger painkiller from your doctor?

I did find out that people who get migraines are several times more likely to die or a stroke or an anuerysm. Isn't that lovely

Get well soooooon!
    I never had migraines as a child, teenager, or young adult. I started getting them when I was in a bad relationship, where he fought with me everyday and made me cry. The crying seemed to bring them on. My mother, grandmother, and aunts all had them. Some of my cousins too. It is definitely hereditary, but I think my optimism and nievity kept them from getting me for so long. Once I got out in the real world, with real stress, and real upsets, the change occurred then, and whatever chemicals I was holding back from being released, all let lose and now I get them a few times a month. I try to fight the off by my diet, avoiding lots of foods, spices, and beverages that seem to trigger them. Avoiding as much stress as possible, getting exercise, drinking alot of green tea, plenty of sleep... I have alot of triggers unfortunately. I get them so often because of my job, I am constantly being pushed and compromised with avoiding the triggers. For instance the demands for me to see someone in 20 minutes notice before I drank my green tea, or demands I stay up till the wee morning hours, not getting me proper sleep then. I always aim to please, and sometimes this gets me in trouble. I do need to be more firm with doing what I have to do to stay healthy and not miss several days of my life, when I do get a migraine. I think the best life for me would be living in the country, maybe being a writer with a big garden. I will have no stress then

Quote Originally Posted by conroadster View Post
    collapsed in work recently from low blood sugar. sounds like an awful ordeal for u. hope ur feelin better soon
    Thanks con. I feel a bit better today. Be careful too. Drink some tea with honey everyday. Mint tea is lovely or Rooibos tea with a couple teaspoons of honey. This will maintain your sugar levels.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DollyDarling View Post
    Was it also a steroid injection? She did not give me a choice. She was already being very rude and aggressive, so I was a bit afraid of her anyway. If I knew I could get it in the bum I may have made that choice. Do you think because it was in the upper arm, its closer to the brain, that's why I fainted?
    No idea what it was Dolly, I was just 14 or 15 at the time. It was a bloody massive needle and I was watching the Doc pushing the plunger further down to get whatever it was into my arm, and then some blood went up and started to mingle with whatever he was putting into me and I just keeled over in the chair. These days I prefer not too look any more.....far too squimish.

I can just about manage sex without passing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    Get well soon Dolly.
    I have fainted once before, a very long time ago. it was a horrible feeling... everything just went black.
    Take good care of yourself xxx
    Thankyou lynn, Im trying to be a good girl and get better. Missing loads of phone calls and business, and that makes me feel even more sick

Fainting sucks. I am open to interesting adventures, but fainting was not a good feeling at all. The whole sweating and seeing lights and I stared straight ahead like some zombie freak....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast