Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election

Doesn't matter how ye vote just once ye vote. People died to give us the right. Humbling thought

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenton For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (25-01-20), westcorklad (25-01-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I think it was very wrong to have Leo and Michael debating on Tv recently as if they were the only two options.

I predict a sharp decline in support for FF and FG.
    People have short memories. FF were at the reins during the bank crisis and brought the country to it's knees but they will get the largest share of the vote and an increase in their share from the last election.

FG will take a hammering,among other reasons austerity and the Black & Tan fiasco. Convey would have been a much better leader .

Sinn Fein may increase their share of the vote but Aontú will cut into their vote.

The Greens should see an increase in their share, particularly the younger voters.

As for Labour - wtf has happened there ?

Independents will play their part in whatever mishmash of a coalition FF form.

The biggest joke is that the 2 main parties are always saying that they want to see a stable Assembly in the North yet both rule out sharing power with SF. That is hypocritical to say the least.

Oh just an add on. I hope the independents don't all turn out like Shane Ross.
    Last edited by Barney Rubble; 25-01-20 at 06:22.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    People have short memories. FF were at the reins during the bank crisis and brought the country to it's knees but they will get the largest share of the vote and an increase in their share from the last election.

FG will take a hammering,among other reasons austerity and the Black & Tan fiasco. Convey would have been a much better leader .

Sinn Fein may increase their share of the vote but Aontú will cut into their vote.

The Greens should see an increase in their share, particularly the younger voters.

As for Labour - wtf has happened there ?

Independents will play their part in whatever mishmash of a coalition FF form.

The biggest joke is that the 2 main parties are always saying that they want to see a stable Assembly in the North yet both rule out sharing power with SF. That is hypocritical to say the least.

Oh just an add on. I hope the independents don't all turn out like Shane Ross.
    Foreigners from the pariah state of Europe - aka the UK - don't have an input into the internal matters of EU states from now on.

Reviews

The problem this country has is there is no genuine alternative to FF or FF.

People keep SF are but in reality there is absolutely no way SF will be the leaders of the next government as the are only running 41 candidates. If by some chance they won all 41 they are still well short of a majority government. For me its easy for them to make all there promise's as they know they will never have the opportunity to go back on them.
    I think SF will get between 25 and 30 seats which may get them in as junior party in a coalition government but neither Fg of FF want them.

Next government of Ireland looks
    Nailed on FF with either the Greens or labour as junior party.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Mary Lou won again.
    Never confuse education with intelligence One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

Reviews

Some election. We get to choose between what is essentially two versions of the same party, great 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Why has there to be two hosts for the leaders debate? Matt and ivan are doing more shouting than the leaders. Bring back claire byrne or miriam .
    It's fucking ridiculous alrite, especially since Matt brings nothing to it, I don't mind Ivan but he's no use in a debate, thinks he's hard hitting but he's just annoying.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenton For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg30 View Post
    Some election. We get to choose between what is essentially two versions of the same party, great 👍
    Two cheeks of the same arse.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
    It's fucking ridiculous alrite, especially since Matt brings nothing to it, I don't mind Ivan but he's no use in a debate, thinks he's hard hitting but he's just annoying.
    And more importantly...Claire Byrne is a ride, oh yes I would

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg30 View Post
    And more importantly...Claire Byrne is a ride, oh yes I would
    Haha no arguement there bro

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast