Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Climate change and Greta Thunberg.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Dunn View Post
    Sorry I don't have links but the recent studies I mention are Kauppinen and Malmi from the University of Turku in Finland which argues that the effects of human activity on CC are grossly exaggerated. The Japanese study is by a team from the University of Kobe who argue that a natural 'umbrella effect' is the prime driver of climate warming not man made factors. The discovery of Rock Nitrogen resulted out of work carried out over a number of years at the University of California, Davis.
    Now to be a 'denier' who only have to disagree with the UN that man made factors are the principle driving force of CC. I believe the climate is changing but there has been a rush to judgement regarding the causes so therefore the hole in the boat you speak about is not necessarily been addressed in an appropriate manner. The hysterical doomsday ranting of Thunberg and these continual international protests based on exaggerated assumptions do little to address the core issues moving forward. My contention is that in the short to medium term they are been used by nefarious interests to extract money from pension funds and state coffers to invest in dubious green technologies and complex financial arrangements such as carbon capture and carbon trading. This will be paid for by mugs like you and me in the form of the soon to be unleashed carbon taxes which will hit large sections of society hard. We are not approaching this in a rational manner I'm afraid and this will lead to a less than satisfactory response to the undoubted environmental issues mankind faces.
    I totally agree.

It's a scam so we are not reliant on others for oil, and more importantly switch us all to electricity which is controlled by the governments.
    Exacting control over the people. Charge them whatever you want, and the greatest part of the con is, the people are demanding it.

It's all about money and control.
    They'll make us all slaves and we will thank them for it.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I totally agree.

It's a scam so we are not reliant on others for oil, and more importantly switch us all to electricity which is controlled by the governments.
    Exacting control over the people. Charge them whatever you want, and the greatest part of the con is, the people are demanding it.

It's all about money and control.
    They'll make us all slaves and we will thank them for it.
    Lol I can't make my own oil but I can make my own electricity. And it's not like the government controls the price of oil... Oh wait...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    I certainly don't understand the concern about what would replace cattle farming. Please enlighten us to the dangers? By most accounts cattle farming is highly polluting and wasteful.

Mandating what people grow or do is a communist state, so when you suggested the farmers be directed how to replace their cattle farming, then that is where I went with it, yes. If that's not what you meant then fine, we are probably aligned.

To be honest, there is not enough panic being created in this. People are complacent and willfully ignorant, or driven by short term gains and short term costs.

A large part of being climate aware boils down to efficiency and being cost effective. Whether you're a tree hugger or a gas guzzler, the pocketbook runs the majority.
    More twisting of what I said. To speak of removing or reducing an industry without any plan of what is to replace cannot guarantee a lower carbon footprint. So what would be the purpose of doing it ?

If your so bothered about CC maybe you should consider getting rid of that car that takes 90 euro to fill the tank. (I'll dig it up if I have too)

Doesn't sound like you're doing your part.
    Last edited by Wolverine; 01-10-19 at 18:05.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I have been looking into this and read an interesting article on climate change by Dr Michael and Dr Ronan Connolly.
    Basically we are all being scammed.

Those that are not indoctrinated into climate alarmism should have a look;

https://globalwarmingsolved.com/data...5_preprint.pdf
    Funded by fossil fuel industry. More hokem.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/u...Hock-Soon.html

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    More twisting of what I said. To speak of removing or reducing an industry without any plan of what is to replace cannot guarantee a lower carbon footprint. So what would be the purpose of doing it ?

If your so bothered about CC maybe you should consider getting rid of that car that takes 90 euro to fill the tank. (I'll dig it up if I have too)

Doesn't sound like you're doing your part.
    Sounds like I'm living rent free in your head anyway that you remember all my posts. My car is 15 years old, and I have no intention to replace it until the tco makes sense. That includes all the manufacture of a new car, and transport from its manufacturing location.

I guarantee it is vastly cleaner than your diesel, and with the 8,000km I drive a year it would be more polluting to buy a new car than to keep the old one going.

But as soon as an electric car is economically viable I'll definitely be upgrading to one.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Sounds like I'm living rent free in your head anyway that you remember all my posts. My car is 15 years old, and I have no intention to replace it until the tco makes sense. That includes all the manufacture of a new car, and transport from its manufacturing location.

I guarantee it is vastly cleaner than your diesel, and with the 8,000km I drive a year it would be more polluting to buy a new car than to keep the old one going.

But as soon as an electric car is economically viable I'll definitely be upgrading to one.
    More nonsense.

I don't drive a diesel engine. Never owned one.

Get a bike if you want to condesend.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    More nonsense.

I don't drive a diesel engine. Never owned one.

Get a bike if you want to condesend.
    Ok. Thanks dad.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Am I the only person on the planet that has not read or watched Greta Thunbergs speech?
    Me too. I've been long enough and seen Ozone holes that were about to kill us, to even care about what Greta (((Berg))) has to say.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Belfastas88 For This Useful Post:

I love Greta in all her interviews. Poor child looks and sound so exhausted in some interviews and speeches, though that could simple be from working so hard on perfecting these speeches in English. She speaks of climate change and global warming in a language that is accessible to ordinary folks like us.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DummyResister View Post
    I don't know how that motherfucker lives with himself.

Also it's literally alarming how easy it has become for oil companies to buy scientists.
    I'd say he lives quite well on his $1.2 million

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast