Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legalities of NI punting

Default Legalities of NI punting

As the new law of charging clients for using ladies in the south has recently got its 1st victim has scared me off using ladies down here for fear of losing my job, house, family, name in the paper.

I’m looking in Northern Ireland for ‘relief’ and I’m just curious should I get stopped by the PSNI, would it be a case of a stern warning and head back down south or would I be subject to the same treatment of caught by the Gardaì? (Name in paper, court, etc, etc)

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Cheers!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    As the new law of charging clients for using ladies in the south has recently got its 1st victim has scared me off using ladies down here for fear of losing my job, house, family, name in the paper.

I’m looking in Northern Ireland for ‘relief’ and I’m just curious should I get stopped by the PSNI, would it be a case of a stern warning and head back down south or would I be subject to the same treatment of caught by the Gardaì? (Name in paper, court, etc, etc)

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Cheers!

A friend of mine was stopped speeding there about 2 years ago in his southern registered car.
    The police arrested him and put him in a cell.
    They spent several hours asking him if he is a Catholic or Protestant. (He has an usual name)

They treated him quite badly for a relatively minor offence.
    I think I would prefer to take my chances down here.
    At least the Gardai just do their job, and hopefully leave you a loop hole to get out of it.

Or get a take out to your hotel room. I think that's a way that's pretty much impossible to be caught.
    Last edited by TonyB; 14-04-19 at 15:11.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

slimboyfat (14-04-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    A friend of mine was stopped speeding there about 2 years ago in his southern registered car.
    The police arrested him and put him in a cell.
    They spent several hours asking him if he is a Catholic or Protestant. (He has an usual name)

They treated him quite badly for a relatively minor offence.
    I think I would prefer to take my chances down here.
    At least the Gardai just do their job, and hopefully leave you a loop hole to get out of it.

Or get a take out to your hotel room. I think that's a way that's pretty much impossible to be caught.
    Your friend would have a far,far higher chance of being killed or seriously injured in a car crash than a so called "punter" getting prosecuted for what the op is concerned about.
    The fellow in Blanchardstown probably opened his mouth too much or helpfully signed a statement prepared by one of the guards.
    If it is true that northern police were asking questions about someone being either Protestant or Catholic then the PSNI needs to be reminded that their name is not spelled RUC.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slimboyfat For This Useful Post:

Punter08 (15-04-19), TonyB (15-04-19)

Quote Originally Posted by slimboyfat View Post
    Your friend would have a far,far higher chance of being killed or seriously injured in a car crash than a so called "punter" getting prosecuted for what the op is concerned about.
    The fellow in Blanchardstown probably opened his mouth too much or helpfully signed a statement prepared by one of the guards.
    If it is true that northern police were asking questions about someone being either Protestant or Catholic then the PSNI needs to be reminded that their name is not spelled RUC.
    PSNI have to behave differently than Guards. Attempts at compromising their safety far outweighs any risk to the Guards.
    He probably got asked a couple of times about being catholic or not, and overplayed what actually happened.
    PSNI are a way more professional outfit than Irish Guards are.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BadToTheBoner View Post
    PSNI have to behave differently than Guards. Attempts at compromising their safety far outweighs any risk to the Guards.
    He probably got asked a couple of times about being catholic or not, and overplayed what actually happened.
    You not bad,you're just sad.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to slimboyfat For This Useful Post:

Punter08 (14-04-19)

Reviews

Surely that would make them very unprofessional and secretarian asking someone their religion?

You not bad,you're just sad.
    Where did I infer I was bad

Reviews

Where did I infer I was bad
    You are now inferring that you don't know your own name

My apologies MrTOTHEBONER.
    I was putting you and I on first name terms too soon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to slimboyfat For This Useful Post:

Punter08 (14-04-19)

You are now inferring that you don't know your own name

My apologies MrTOTHEBONER.
    I was putting you and I on first name terms too soon.
    I didn't see what you were at slim.

Reviews

I didn't see what you were at slim.
    Ah we're all friends again.
    I'll just call you Bonehead (like the guy from Oasis)here on out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast