Thread: 2 Years Later — still True .

1. Cop 2 Years Later — still True .

I like Pie .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (17-04-19), Harrybigtoe (16-04-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I like Pie .
    Such is the decay of democracy by the politics of victim mentality.

A couple of years back but still holds true.

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion...n-nationalism/
    Last edited by Harrybigtoe; 16-04-19 at 23:47.
    @ JFBSSKC

Reviews

Religious people say it is all about faith and belief.
    The World, nay the Universe is so complex and detailed someone or something must have designed it.
    Where is this creator ?He is up there ,he is is all around,she is in every one of us.
    Ask too many questions and they may smile beatifically at and look pityingly down on you.That or turn belligerent and angry for being questioned.
    Or resentful if they feel spoken down to.

Life is like a box of chocolates ,you can select what you want ,so some people(or some people's genetic make up )selects to apply faith and belief to politics also.Have someone speak with charisma or authority or repeat a message of hope and prosperity long enough and many people will have faith and belief.Question them too much and they may smile pityingly down on you or turn belligerent and angry for threatening their chosen world view.
    Many people vote on emotion and gut instinct,reason does not appeal to them.
    Others are on the rebound from a failed relationship.
    They loved George Bush ,their protector after 9/11 then they lost faith as Iraq and Afghanistan dragged in,they turned to Obama for change, unfortunately in the global recession their incomes didn't change upwards,they return to a comforting message of restoring America to its imagined former greatness,to its past of full ,well paid employment for all and the promise of a tax cut that may put $50 a week extra in their pockets.
    Step forward Mr.Trump.
    Brexit is similar,a prosperous imagined future is ahead if only we can return to the imagined, former prosperous and glorious past.
    Last edited by slimboyfat; 17-04-19 at 09:47. Reason: and they hark back to the imagined racial homogeneity of their pasts when they didn't need so many walls to keep the "outsiders" out.