Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clients: Have your say on sex work and the law! (Survey)

Default Clients: Have your say on sex work and the law! (Survey)

Hi guys,

So we have a survey for you.

It seems that the Department of Justice in Northern Ireland has commissioned a review of the laws around sex work.
    If you have ever purchased sexual services in Northern Ireland, then we would ask you to consider taking part in the following online survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NI_client_survey

And if you have only ever purchased sexual services in the Republic of Ireland, but would still like to take part in this research, then you can complete this following survey instead:
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ROI_client_survey_ei

These surveys are anonymous and confidential so don't worry about taking part in the survey itself.
    This is your opportunity as clients to have your say, so we encourage participation.

Thank you,

Floki and the E-I team.
    Last edited by Floki; 01-05-19 at 13:07.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

JMastodon (06-04-19), johnwin530 (15-04-19), Punter08 (06-04-19)

Reviews

nothing will change though, take the DUP, they going backwards instead of foward

Done. Do people ask taxi drivers of were to avail of sexual services?
    I wouldnt have the balls to ask a taxi driver that question

I remember one english guy phoned up a taxi company i used to work for 20 years ago and asked to be taken to a gentleman's club. At the time the only place up north that showed some skin was a place called "School Dinners" but that just meant the ladies serving you food were dressed like school girls. the place didnt last long before being closed down

Reviews

I did it. Nice survey. The selections of answers have been well thought out and there's none of the stupidity you would expect if the survey had been created by mumsnet, for example.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    That survey is structured and worded very similar to a psni interview
    Pretty sure a PSNI interview would ask for your name and address at the very least.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FredLopez View Post
    nothing will change though, take the DUP, they going backwards instead of foward
    Still worthwhile to do the survey. Academic studies are much more rational than our bible-thumping friends at the DUP.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ99 For This Useful Post:

johnwin530 (15-04-19), Punter08 (06-04-19)

Quote Originally Posted by AZ99 View Post
    Still worthwhile to do the survey. Academic studies are much more rational than our bible-thumping friends at the DUP.
    True. For a start they dont believe the earth is flat and not 5,000 years old
    Wee Nelson wants the ulster Museum to open a creationist exhibition.
    They told him were to go.

Northern Ireland minister calls on Ulster Museum to promote creationism.

Nelson McCausland defends letter to trustees urging anti-evolution exhibits

Adam and Eve by Lucas Cranach the Elder – the version of events preferred by Nelson McCausland over evolution. Photograph: The Bridgeman art library/Getty

Northern Ireland's born-again Christian culture minister has called on the Ulster Museum to put on exhibits reflecting the view that the world was made by God only several thousand years ago.

Nelson McCausland, who believes that Ulster Protestants are one of the lost tribes of Israel, has written to the museum's board of trustees urging them to reflect creationist and intelligent design theories of the universe's origins.

The Democratic Unionist minister said the inclusion of anti-Darwinian theories in the museum was "a human rights issue".

McCausland defended a letter he wrote to the trustees calling for anti-evolution exhibitions at the museum. He claimed that around one third of Northern Ireland's population believed either in intelligent design or the creationist view that the universe was created about 6,000 years ago.

"I have had more letters from the public on this issue than any other issue," he said.

The minister said he wrote a "very balanced letter" to the museum because he wanted to "reflect the views of all the people in Northern Ireland in all its richness and diversity".

Earlier in his letter to the museum's trustees McCausland said he had "a common desire to ensure that museums are reflective of the views, beliefs and cultural traditions that make up society in Northern Ireland".

His call was condemned by the evolutionary biologist Professor Richard Dawkins, who said: "If the museum was to go down that road then perhaps they should bring in the stork theory of where babies come from. Or perhaps the museum should introduce the flat earth theory."

Dawkins said it was irrelevant if a large number of people in Northern Ireland refused to believe in evolution. "Scientific evidence can't be democratically decided," Dawkins said.

McCausland's party colleague and North Antrim assembly member Mervyn Storey has been at the forefront of a campaign to force museums in Northern Ireland to promote anti-Darwinian theories.

Storey, who has chaired the Northern Ireland assembly's education committee, has denied that man descended from apes. He believes in the theory that the world was created several thousand years ago, even though the most famous tourist attraction in his own constituency – the Giant's Causeway on the North Antrim coast – is according to all the geological evidence millions of years old.

Last year Storey raised objections to notices at the Giant's Causeway informing the public that the unique rock formation was about 550m years old. Storey believes in the literal truth of the Bible and that the earth was created only several thousand years before Christ's birth.

This latest row over Darwin versus creationism in Northern Ireland comes at a delicate time for the Ulster Museum. Earlier this month it was shortlisted for the UK's largest single arts prize. The Art Fund Prize annually awards £100,000 to a museum or gallery for a project completed in the last year.

The belief that the Earth was divinely created in 4004 BC originates with the writings of another Ulster-based Protestant, Archbishop of Armagh James Ussher, in 1654. Ussher calculated the date based on textual clues in the Old Testament, even settling on a date and time for the moment of creation: in the early hours of 23 October.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Punter08 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    Dinosaurs._._._._.that joker called god
    I went to one while in America for a laugh. its a great gas. They have dinosaurs with saddles on them and humans riding them like a horse. I couldn't stop laughing so they asked me to leave

Just completed this survey. Think its important that we take part in this and am looking forward to seeing the results.

Well done congratulations your very special to me I like to meet you again thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast